Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Artwork Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artwork Challenge

Greetings,

I am caught up in all the excitement about The Dreamthief's Daughter,The Skrayling Tree and The White Wolf's Son. I loved the books and I would like to see more artwork for the characters,locations and objects.

I now present an Artwork Challenge to anyone who would like to participate. All art forms are welcome.

Please create an image of any of the following persons, places or things:
    (or a combination of...)

Characters-

Gaynor/Von Minct
    Jack D'acre
    Kakatanawa (The) *In general or individual.
    King Huon
    Klosterheim
    Off-Moo (The) *In general or individual.
    Oona
    Oonagh
    Prince Lobkowitz
    Renyard
    St. Odhran
    Taragorm
    Ulric Von Bek
    Zodiac

Locations-

Isle of Morn
    Londra
    Mirenburg (any part or the whole)
    Mittel March
    Moo-Ooria

Objects-

Grail
    Granbretan Masks
    Ornithoptor
    Ravenbrand
    Stormbringer (if you have a new take on it. :D)
    Von Bek's house

Bonus-

This is from Dragon in the Sword an Eternal Champion book:

The Ursine Princes and their Ark

Or

The Hub of Chaos and it's relationship to the Maaschanheem

Thank You and Please Enjoy !!!!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

How soon do you want to see a finished piece of work Lemec? I'll give it a go but if might take a few weeks before you'll see anything.

I'd like to tackle Klosterheim if I may.

Comment

Originally posted by spaced_moorcock
      How soon do you want to see a finished piece of work Lemec? I'll give it a go but if might take a few weeks before you'll see anything.

I'd like to tackle Klosterheim if I may.
      :clap: Thanks for accepting the challenge. There is no time limit. This is for fun like the others. When the artwork is finished, I will ask our fellow Miscellany members to judge them and leave comments. :D

Klosterheim will be very interesting to see.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Dee, if you see this, are there any characters that might entice you into giving it a go?

Anyone else out there want to try? Should I add some more options to the list?

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
          Dee, if you see this, are there any characters that might entice you into giving it a go?
          I did a Rose, a Zenith, a Minct, a Jack K and a Seaton Begg, but ended up deleting them. Call me crazy, but the lines just don't flow as well when it isn't a person/character I really care about. Not that what I do is even "art" as such, but there needs to be some motivating energy behind the pen.

[Dee slouches off to drown in his own pretentiousness]
          "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
            I did a Rose, a Zenith, a Minct, a Jack K and a Seaton Begg, but ended up deleting them. Call me crazy, but the lines just don't flow as well when it isn't a person/character I really care about. Not that what I do is even "art" as such, but there needs to be some motivating energy behind the pen.

[Dee slouches off to drown in his own pretentiousness]
            ahh ok, thanks!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Does anyone have any artwork of characters,landscapes or places that you invented and want to show in this thread? If you have any art from your stories or poems please post them here as well with a description.
              I would like to see what you all came up with.

Thank You,

:D

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

I'm afraid Elric is the only Moorcockian character I've done.

You can see my vision of Elric [link expired].
                "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
                  I'm afraid Elric is the only Moorcockian character I've done.

You can see my vision of Elric [link expired].
                  That is very cool. I did not see that before in the gallery. Thanks for posting the link. It is very good. :D

I really like the way Stormbinger looks. I wonder if they will use purple light like that to make the black radiance in the movie. It's a great effect.
                  Elric and Cymoril are fantastic.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

It is very good. :D
                    Many thanks!

I really like the way Stormbinger looks. I wonder if they will use purple light like that to make the black radiance in the movie. It's a great effect.
                    I think maybe red would be the color of choice for Stormbringer's aura. Purple just seemed to work better for that particular piece.
                    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

PsychicWarVeteran wrote:
                      Many thanks!
                      You are most welcome. :D

PsychicWarVeteran wrote:
                      I think maybe red would be the color of choice for Stormbringer's aura. Purple just seemed to work better for that particular piece.
                      ahh yes, that is true,although it gave me the feeling of a black light that makes all your white clothes glow,hehe.

Red, or a shade of red should be cool for the movie. Now that I think about it, if they did use purple for the film, some of audience might be reminded of Mace Windu's lightsaber in Star Wars. ;) It was such as big deal since all the other Jedi could only have green or blue. I am looking at it from a standpoint of how one might see it if they never read the Elric books, which will surprising be alot of people. I thought since I read Moorcock novels,everyone must have read some of them,but it turned out not to be the case.

Maybe it could be a red rim around the blade and have a fine line of black mist eminating from the sword for certain scenes? Does Mike like the use of alot of CGI computer graphics? Obviously the runes will glow red as well. :D

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

P.S. to the above post. They could always have a hollow Stormbringer with tiny holes and pump black smoke up through the hilt. :lol:
                        (For camera views that are above the cross guard.)

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Hey spaced,

How is Klosterheim coming?

No hurry, I know you are busy. I just wondered if you had a chance to start anything,hehe. :D

Happy Halloween!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Hi Lemec, I'd like to take a crack at doing a couple o'sketches of Oona and maybe von Bek. The initial pics won't take long but I can't say when I'll be done, depending on how and if I decide to color 'em. I haven't read the third book yet since I'm waiting for the paperback, so I'll have to limit myself to the first two novels.
                            ..he weeps with the wonder of suddenly recollected innocence, of something he believed lost as everything else is lost to him and which makes him believe, if only for this moment, that what he has lost might be, perhaps, restored.

Comment

Originally posted by KanderGrimm
                              Hi Lemec, I'd like to take a crack at doing a couple o'sketches of Oona and maybe von Bek. The initial pics won't take long but I can't say when I'll be done, depending on how and if I decide to color 'em. I haven't read the third book yet since I'm waiting for the paperback, so I'll have to limit myself to the first two novels.
                              Hello KanderGrimm,

That is fantastic! :clap: Thanks for joining in on the art challenge. It will be wonderful to see what you come up with. Don't worry about the time, there is no time limit. I am happy that I will be able to see some new representations of those characters. :D

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                              X