Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Artwork Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artwork Questions

Hello,

Has anyone in the Enclave ever created any artwork that depicts Moo-Ooria, The Isle of Morn or Mirenburg?

If so, I would really like to see it and I am certain that some others would like to see those places portrayed in paintings,drawings or any other art form.

LSN would you like to offer an art challenge about that? Please forgive me for being so bold to ask such a thing in the forum. :oops:

I would love to see Von Minct, Klosterheim and some other characters as well that are rare to find in artwork. :D Please.

Thanks so much either way,

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Re: Artwork Questions

You can offer the "art challenge" here, lemec. Enclave is a benevolent dictatorship at worst, but I don't think I'm the barmy dictator here, in this particular instance.

So go ahead. Since you called for the challenge, it's yours: post a separate thread with the title "artwork challenge" and spell out the parameters.

If he doesn't participate, have Dee as part of your blue-ribbon panel of judges. :lol:

Have fun.

LSN

Originally posted by lemec
    Has anyone in the Enclave ever created any artwork that depicts Moo-Ooria, The Isle of Morn or Mirenburg?

If so, I would really like to see it and I am certain that some others would like to see those places portrayed in paintings,drawings or any other art form.

LSN would you like to offer an art challenge about that? Please forgive me for being so bold to ask such a thing in the forum. :oops:

I would love to see Von Minct, Klosterheim and some other characters as well that are rare to find in artwork. :D Please.

Thanks so much either way,

-Lemec

Comment

:oops:

I must admit that I haven't read... er... even half of Mike's books yet (I just really, really like the ones I have read!), so I can't say I'm familiar with the people or places lemec mentioned... although, I'm guessing there's a connection between "Von Mict" and a chap by the same name in the Second Ether books. In short, if I'd read the books I probably would have given it a go, but at this point I'm clueless.

Still, you've reminded me that I should really have ripped off the Tom Strong comics and Multiverse g/novel by now... I'm only a few more images away from having a whole new avatar pack!
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Thank You LSN,

8) :D That is fantastic!

I viewed Dee's web site and I had hoped that he would join in. I shall see.

I also saw one of your paintings, the one with the bubble cities in the misty landcape, that is very cool. The nearest to art I could get was a few "Bob Ross" style oil paintings. :lol:

Thanks, it will be fun for sure.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Hi Dee, I saw your reply after I read your post. I will talk to you more over in the challenge when I make it.

This could be time for you to open up a copy of Dreamthief's Daughter?
          :clap: Please, don't take me seriously, I only jest.

I have most of them to read as well. ;)

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

If you can get Dee to participate, that's an artistic coup. However, based on his remarks above, I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope.

Get him to draw pictures of Jherek Carnelian and Amelia Underwood, though, and you're probably in business.

Dee? Have you read either Behold the Man or Breakfast in the Ruins? Those books might be a source of illos for someone of your predilections.

(Dee is a man of considerable ability, of course. The question is whether he shall use his powers for good or evil or simply to level Dorset after he takes up residence at Cannes.)

LSN

Comment

:lol:

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
              X