Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Wealden Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wealden Hill

A bit of self-advertisement here. My novel 'Wealden Hill' is available from 1 November. Described by a friend as Hardy meets Tolkien (although he probably meant Oliver Hardy and Bert Tolkien) and by my Mum as a wonderful book, the blurb on the cover goes as follows: "The world is never as it seems, yet the truth is hidden by the distractions we make for ourselves. This is the dilemma that faces Rowland Henty. Has he really touched another reality, or were the wounds he received in the Afghan Wars in his mind as well as his body? As he struggles to come to terms with what is real, everything he learns pushes him ever deeper into uncertainty and the harsh reality that some call madness. Set in the 19th century, this is a tragic novel of love and loss, of the choices we make, of a man who walked between worlds that he could not even be certain existed."

Published by Grey House in the Woods ~ 0-9540531-3-3 ~ آ£10.95
    Available directly from the publisher via their website www.greyhouseinthewoods.org or from their distributor at www.counterculture-books.co.uk or by ordering from your bookstore.

Graeme K Talboys

Re: Wealden Hill

Originally posted by greywind
    Described by a friend as Hardy meets Tolkien (although he probably meant Oliver Hardy and Bert Tolkien) . . . Set in the 19th century, this is a tragic novel of love and loss, of the choices we make, of a man who walked between worlds that he could not even be certain existed."
    Too many books are getting that "Tolkien" tag, its almost as bad as EXTREME deoderant, EXTREME jell-O, EXTREME soap, EXTREME health bar! :yuck:

The blurp about your book seems interesting though, I'll take a look. For some reason, I got more a Edgar Rice Burroughs undertone than a Tolkien one reading the blurp. :|

Comment

Mmmm...sounds intriguing: the title suggests a southern counties (physical) location - is there a hint of the Garneresque in this book? Sounds like you've had to do some hefty research, too - Afghan Wars: very meaty material.
      As a riposte, how about submitting some material to Prototype X? (see the Enclave at the End of Time on this forum, and www.prototypex.org.uk). Would you like us to review "Wealden Hill", perhaps? Not that we're very kind, on the whole - but honest! :roll:

Comment

Working...
      X