Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Flash Fiction Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Fiction Challenge

I have enjoyed the flash fiction that I read in PX I. Good stuff. I think I like "Andy" the best. I like its non-linear character development. Groups of flash fiction really do synergize into more complete "wholes".

I have made my best attempt to improve the form on my second suite recently contributed to the up and coming PX II. I'd be happy to email anyone who asks my recent contribution via email if you can't wait to see it in the next issue.

If I could influence contributors and the editor of PX, I would beg more people to contribute experimental pieces and those pieces be given a priority over the less experimental pieces. I voice a preference here, not a criticism.

Now I want to turn the Lazy Susan toward our challengers. For those of you who are working on Lester Dent formulated pieces, epic 3-parters and all those other interesting pieces, I challenge you to write a handful of micro-falsh fiction pieces. Post them here. Keep them to yourself. I believe this exercise in focusing on density will sharpen your wits for larger pieces. Perhaps your FF pieces could help your current projects crystalize.

I would very much enjoy seeing more FF in the next issue of PX.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Re: Flash Fiction Challenge

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
    I believe this exercise in focusing on density will sharpen your wits for larger pieces. Perhaps your FF pieces could help your current projects crystalize.
    These are wise words Berry. Flash fiction chunks can be used as the discrete building blocks of larger extracts that can be built up into chapters. Also I've found that if I have writer's block, just writing down a bunch of random stream of consciousness sentences can help stimulate the verbal part of the brain to get working on the real business at hand.

Comment

*goes off to read more about flash fiction*

Comment

Working...
      X