Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

PROTOTYPE X-3: THE PERFORMANCE -EXHIBITION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xidrep
    replied
    Hmm. An interesting installation. Rather Brit Art...

I think we will be at South Hill Park (Bracknell) - Cellar Bar. Langdon's idea!

More later...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hey kids!

My first performance piece will be to urinate against the door of the River House Barn, using a series of banned children's drinks to discolour my flow. The second piece will require hiring an Emma Peel costume, so I need some firm, firm dates. C'mon Daddy P, get your calendar out for the boys.

Go Seward Golightly

"I'm already gone!"

Leave a comment:

• A_Non_Ymous
    replied
    Before the universe shifted, and some of our posts were deleted in the "roll-back," Perdix made some mention of having something possibly in the way of a venue for this planned extravaganza. That is a change from the last time he informed us all (see the River House Barn massacre details above).

So what's up, Perdix? Has something turned up? What's the plan as we are supposed to understand it?

LSN

Leave a comment:

• Talisant
    replied
    Originally posted by Perdix
    I once told an entire advanced circuit-training class...
    reminds me of the infamous Troggs tapes, would make a great $$$ringtone$$$, wouldn't be able to reproduce it "with feeling" would you? :)

Leave a comment:

• HawkLord
    replied
    Maybe we should get Hawkwind playing :lol:

Leave a comment:

• xidrep
    replied
    Oh, yessss.... :P

Leave a comment:

• A_Non_Ymous
    replied
    Tell me, Perdix, based our your experiences leading such a class, did you find any points of identification in the story I sent you called "Gym Class" ?

:lol:

LSN

Leave a comment:

• Grey Mouser
    replied
    Right arsehole, me, underneath the thin veneer of civilisation.
    Crom! 8O

Leave a comment:

• xidrep
    replied
    Have you got copyright on that, Berry? I could use that... :lol:

Very kind words, Dee and CK. I am quite an irascible prima-donna though. I once told an entire advanced circuit-training class at Leeds University that if they 'didn't want to F-ing well do any F-ing work', they could 'all F- off' the 'Bunch of C-s!' because I wasn't 'going to C-ing well F-myself F-ing C-ing ragged for a bunch of lazy F-ing C-s!'

Then I grabbed me tape and stormed out. I went back two minutes later. They worked quite hard after that, albeit in silence. Good class, actually.

See. Right arsehole, me, underneath the thin veneer of civilisation.

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    We did consider:

'The more you pay, the more we care'

But it just boils down to:

'You bring sick cat: we fix cat: you pay us: cat eats your furniture'

I mean, what else?
    "There isn't a pussy we won't lick and a doggy we won't bone."

:cat:

Leave a comment:

• DeeCrowSeer
    replied
    Sorry to read about the set-back in our plans for global domination... or at least, global entertainment and enlightenment! :) But as you say, there are people coming from many corners to participate, so you need a more solid response than the one they were able to provide. I declare them "Poop Heads", and ever more shall be so.

I still haven't thought of anything to do for a turn, but I don't think that busting knee-caps would be much fun... not when I could be busting mad rhymes! (If anyone saw Louis Theroux rapping on his televsion show, you'll have an idea of just how horrible it would be to witness a posh-sounding bespectacled geek trying to drop some science on y'all) (But I can dream...)

Leave a comment:

• nalpak retrac
    replied
    Anyway, I think I've blown it with RHB.
    Rather they blew it with you. And anyway it ain't over with these cats yet.

You are an unusually energetic and talented chap, P. but you are certainly no prima donna. Your irascibility in this case was no doubt good sense.

Something will come up!

Leave a comment:

• xidrep
    replied
    Anyway, I think I've blown it with RHB. I sent 'em a 'direct' and rather peevish e-mail, but they say they're waiting for an Arts Council (irony!) grant for a big show scheduled for next September, and can't give me any definite dates. So I think we'll look elsewhere. Like the Albert Hall. Or Wembley (when it's finished). Or The Shed...

Pity. But if they're bloody useless at this stage, I can't see them being up to later developments. I'm not prepared to have this thing shagged up, especially with folk coming from afar. So apol's that my irascibility has sunk this one; we'll cast around.

Leave a comment:

• xidrep
    replied
    Scary! Sounds like the Ex of mine who went off with the part-time plasterer mate of her friend's boyfriend (who the (female) latter dumped her longtime nice boyfriend for and who was a first-rate chav) while I was digging up Triassic amphibians in the Urals and who later got into trouble with drugs and arson attacks in North Yorkshire. Long story.

On the subject of 'values' some veterinary practices have ghastly 'Mission Statements'...

We did consider:

'The more you pay, the more we care'

But it just boils down to:

'You bring sick cat: we fix cat: you pay us: cat eats your furniture'

I mean, what else?

Leave a comment:

• nalpak retrac
    replied
    Gosh, those value statements are so Orwellian.

Worse.

Anthony Burgess in mid-breakdown.

Spike Milligan slinging a box of Daz over his shoulder.

Or Ian Anderson in long johns and bathrobe (before he became a "star")

Meanwhile, our prayers are with you!

As for more run-ins with the "value statement" people: My long time EX-fiancee (she has become a Sylvia Plath--BARF!--scholar at Oxford--BARF! BARF!), is in New York to do "research"--she contacted my mother and wanted to come by my mother's house and see her! Behind my back! And my mom was going to go along with it! By chance I was visiting home and using my mom's computer when the woman's e-mail popped up, and much to my horror, my mother had agreed to the whole scenario--my EX having gained my mother's contact information, with my mom's consent, from a lesbian in Cornwall--a person who, after I broke up with my EX, spent about five years telling lies about my EX to me, and telling lies about me to my EX!

I see their green faces in my dreams, their crooked hands reaching upwards in seductive exultation as their dry voices crackle, "Join us! Join us!"

Anyway, friend P, this little nightmare is offered by way of sussing out the peculiar psychic properties of the value statement people. That is, don't let them draw you into their movie. Remain aloof. Keep at them. It's a battle of attrition, yet in this struggle there is no dishonor in retreat. Dee and I will sit this one out, any kneecap jobs being left to Bronson Bodine and his eskimo companion, and tucked between the leaves of avant-garde magazines, where avenging angels and their exercise belongs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X