Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

PROTOTYPE X-3: THE PERFORMANCE -EXHIBITION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No bother. Just give me a shout when you need anything.

Comment

Perdix, you could always try to book L'Etranger's wife's act at the venue to add some established talent to the mix.

She's a mime of some reputation. The reviews auf Deutsch are very laudatory.

LSN

Comment

I tried. She wouldn't talk to me.

Comment

But what did her body language say?

LSN

Comment

re: sound engineers...where's Dead-Air ? He might be of help.

Comment

Yes! Dead-Air! And the 'Fresheners. I'll mail him. Thanks, Mord'. :P

Comment

Perdix,

You might find these interesting. Perhaps PX 4 could be a Podcast:

http://www.filefarmer.com/techshows/
                The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Ooh. I was thinking about 'PX as Web Radio Station'. I know little of these electro-radio things and eye-pod gizmos and associated gimcracks. One can set up a continuously-accessible set or piece to be accessed by independent listeners anywhere in the world, at any time, I believe. A little like a tape-loop, but less fiddly. Science is wonderful. Certainly beats my plastic-cups-linked-by-string and hoop and top. Kids today, tchoh!
                  Yeah.
                  Does anyone know how to do this?
                  Oh, hang on: follow the 'link'...mmmm...ooh!
                  Cheers, Berry! Another aspect to the PX wheel of fun! :P

Comment

I know what podcasting is, it's basically those aged technologies of RSS news feeds and Up/Downloading MP3's and stuff (but for cool people)

What do you want Perdix?

Comment

Performance!

Comment

This sounds v. cool.

Mid-June to mid-August is best for me becasue of school. I imagine others might find it easier to get away during summer, maybe. But I'll try and be there regardless of the date.

The webcast concept is a great idea.

Drum circles are lots of fun, and might attract some people/help create more interest.

I play guitar and sing a little bit. Unscripted, fresh, a curious spectacle.

I am interested in doing a reading.

And I do a crazy little dance thing while tooting on a harmonica that will freak people out it is so bizarre.

For food.

Or laughs.

Comment

So Carter will treat us to the sight (dare I say "spectacle"?) of a respected academic and distinguished contributor to PX-1, playing drums, singing, playing guitar, playing harmonica, dancing / capering about the stage whilst doing a reading and writing the next chapter or so of his work-in-progress -- all of this simultaneously.

You're a versatile fellow, CK. And well-coordinated, too, it would appear.

I think we should sell tickets. And alert the press. And perhaps the Guiness Book of World Records.

LSN

Comment

Do we have any ideas for dates yet? As Carter said, between late June and August would also be the best time for me, again because of school.

Comment

Well, I was thinking September, really: August is a crap time to fill venues 'cos of school hols! End of Sept, probably - ie, about 53 weeks from now! In August it would be a damp squib! If not a Giant Squib! Heh.

Carter's act certainly sounds novel... :P . I can just see the pctures in Time Out :roll:

Comment

September sounds good. I hope I can make it!

Comment

Working...
                                X