Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The "Things That Have Been Over Done" Haiku Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Things That Have Been Over Done" Haiku Thread

Dear posters:
    5-7-5
    No lectures about the acutal form, if you please. Just read and/or post. Also, try not to point out that a post hasn't hit the 5-7-5 format. Such nitpicking is very boring.
    Coca Cola ads
    upon the shirts of our kids
    suspend the Pepsis
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

And also no diatribes recounting conflicting opinions on whether 5-7-5 is the 'proper' English-language haiku structure. The structure of 5-7-5 has been set.
    reality shows
    (which so totally are not)
    rob me of my soul
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Television sucks
      Away the last iota
      Of intelligence.

Artists and writers
      Prostitute all their talents
      To create that suck.

Comment

Kitsch and camp contend
        For our short attention spans.
        Silence in Dorset.

Comment

think this works - first attempt at haiku
          Living in England
          With Cool Britannia makes me
          Want to emigrate
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Coldplay annoy me
            Their music is so boring
            Please make them stop now

Scarlett Johansson
            Is not really so curvy
            I want Thora Birch

Counting on fingers
            Makes me feel very childish
            As does my nappy
            "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Harry Potter sucks
              Like a great big sucky thing
              That sucks a lot - true
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Probably only the Brits here will get this... :)
                Yeah but no but yeah
                But no but yeah but no but
                Yeah but no but yeah...

Comment

I suck at haiku
                  They are not my cup of tea.

I'm far too verbose.

Comment

Scooters of Barcelona
                    Hum Like Flies
                    No wonder a tram hit Gaudi

Comment

Krispy Kreme down
                      over-valued, deflated
                      flatulent donuts
                      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

For kids in the field
                        flag decals, yellow ribbons
                        are empty support
                        "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                        --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

In a quantum trance
                          I quit observing myself.
                          I am nonlocal.

Comment

Pretty good, mordenkainen. I liked that one.

LSN

Comment

Thanks. I realised its full meaning long after I wrote it. There is something in there i must put in, er, more words.

Comment

Working...
                              X