Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

PROTOTYPE X ONLINE LAUNCH PARTY!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROTOTYPE X ONLINE LAUNCH PARTY!!!!!

Hey, yeah...good to see you (kisdes both cheeks)..Like, yeah, you look great, hey look - help yourselves to nuts and stuff on the bar. Yeah, h ha. Listen, I'll get you a drink - what, topline with a snakebite chaser? And what about your boyfriend? Fruit cup? Yeah, Ok (Pfht!). I'llcatch you later, OK?

Yeah, the band'll be here in a bit: 'The Dip Figs', yeah, they're alright...

Can you not, no look, sorry - can you not set fire to the roof? Yeah, that's cool. Ta.

Oh, hi! Yeah, come in. Nice arse. Sorry? No, I said 'Nice weather'; ha ha! Yeah. Help yourself to a copy.

Jawannadrink?

What? Oh yeah, they're just up there, to the left. There's a bit of a queue though... you might be better off using the sink...

No, I wasn't sulking. I enjoy sitting on the stairs. I do! I DO!!! No, I'm not shouting. Leave me alone...

Yeah, actually I drew that... and that... no, not that one... no, I didn't draw the "good" ones... I was under a lot of pressure y'know. Anyway, Kirk's computer does most of the work for him. It's all nodes and that... no, I'm not spitting. Leave me alone.

What? Ah, no. Sorry, I'm not really... yes, I know, but I can't help the way my voice comes out can I? No, no, I was just trying to read the label. Honestly, I've never even... that's a very flattering offer, but I'm really not interested. Yes, I do like Audrey Hepburn films, but I don't really see what that has to do with it... well, that's just prejudice. Good day, sir!

Ah, Ludivine, I'm so glad you could make it! Kirk? Yes, he's out in the garden. Yes, it's a lovely dog. No, my parents don't let me have pets... er... if you need me, I'll be on the stairs, oui?
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

You would hold a party when the dأ©calage horaire is dislocating me temporally...

By the way, the provinces are indeed hellish. :roll:

LSN

Comment

Not on the list? Whaddya mean, not on the list? Look, there must have been an error. Oh, OK. Call Perd, er, Mr Partridge then. Ah, hi. How do you do. Well, of course you don't. We've never met before after all, have we. But look, here's my passport. It's me, see. What? You don't? Well, you could hardly remember ALL the names, could you? Let me see that copy. I'll show you my story. And my biog. Lucky I submitted under my real name, ain't it? Er, wait. It has to be in here. Somewhere. Let me look again. HEY! Wait! Let me look again! It HAS to be in...er...what are you doing, mate? Don't...*ouch*

OK,OK. I'm leaving. But you're making a big mistake. I swear I'm in that...yeah, OK. No, please don't. I'm leaving.

bastards

Comment

Oh, hey! Yeah, nice to meet you, too. I thought you were a chick! Wow!

His name's Marley. M-hm. After the reggae artist, yes. Yes, I know Bob Marley wasn't German. Nor a shepherd. Well, I think he wants to bite you, actually.

What? Oh, no thanks, I quit drinking years ago. I'll have an iced tea, if you've one handy.

Dee said that? Really? Aw, that's just sour grapes because Lude Sagnier -- yes, she lets me call her Lude, stop interupting me -- Lude told Dee he was "a bit too clever" for her tastes. That got to him, I guess. No, my computer only helps me. Yes, I know how to draw! No, it's not as easy as throwing a pencil at a piece of paper!

Hey, why is my name on the list twice?
          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Oh, good evening! Sorry I'm a bit late.
            Where can I leave the present for Missus, Perd?
            No, that's silly, we don't click heels anymore!
            Just a small one, thanks very nice. Gesundheit, you're Dee aren't you? Couldn't miss you with your Audrey T-shirt and ... are those Birkenstocks on your feet?
            LSN, you're even taller than I expected, mon ami.
            Is this the book? Haha, nice trick - I KNOW it is the London phone book! You've send all, (thanks, tastes quite like Bruichladdich, I say) er, all of them to the contributors?!!! Every single copy!!!? Who's here taking pictures? (Someone destroy the negatives, will you!) Oh, Jagged! You here from the land of Hamlet? Ophelia with you?
            Never before Midnight, Etive Dear! You know I just love bats, we must do something to save them in the next Prototype edition, that's for sure. Psssst, is there a good place to eat nearby, I mean foreign chow? Yes, I know you understood me, Kirk. By the way, I never congratulated you in person on the terrific cover ...!
            Google ergo sum

Comment

I've been here for some time, but no-one has noticed because I'm hiding under a table.

Comment

Yahnowot, yermebessmait, yerarr. angon, I...phwthhpppphurrrrnnph.
                Augh. Yore fuggin gorge us, yah. I ma well inna ya, I yam. C'mere.
                Hoph. Shtella, plise.
                Assthat dawg shatonnacarpit or isya juss gorra knew affershafe?
                That Chriisian's, izza Prussshan, ee-iz. Izz 'Ristocatic, 'im.
                OOzatdeezsnoggin?
                O, sss' Audrey Tou-Tou or s'mfing.
                >Brup<

Comment

Hmm, there's this weird albino chappy in the kitchen moaning about how his sword doesn't understand him or something. Oh and how Perdix turned down his submission for the magazine, something about soul-sucking runeswords not being a suitable free gift to stick on the front cover or something. No, I don't know what was wrong with Space Spinners in the first place. Anyway, can someone get him a glass of something? Better make it non-alcoholic, I don't think he needs any further assistance in that department. What? No I can't smell anything funny...er, you're not with the vice squad are you?
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Eagh. demos-99, yer oddly synchronous wi me Sheditorial, y'are. Gaw blimey.

Comment

Sorry for being fashionable late. I'm self-indulgent enough to believe everyone was waiting for me.

Goodness, Darren. I didn't realize a human being could actually look like a one-eyed ginger cat. Or is that the booze clouding my vision? No, I'm not really that interested in the flaked tuna roll apetizers. Oh, hi there, Dee- the "I love Audrey more than Buffy" T-shirt is a nice touch. And Kirk, you don't look nearly as angry as your avatar--but your dog does. Why is he gnawing on Dee's leg? I guess he had it coming after that crack about the computer doing all your work. I have to say that since you illustrated my story. Who is that dude in the corner with the laptop? It must be Berry, updating the site, or is that Demos?

Hmmm... maybe I should bust in on the unofficial promotional staff meeting. I didn't know anyone still carried an abacus, LSN. Even for "party tricks." And Carter, isn't it bad taste to be hawking your great book at this launch party?

I have to find Christian. I need to talk to him about his attic again.

Comment

No, I promise to stop spouting political garbage. It's the alcohol, I promise. Really it's Kirk's fault. All he had to do was mention Bill Frist.

Help! Sartre! Camus! Gaiman?

Comment

Hi, are you Darren? Oh, well, good to meet you, this young lady is Amelia, no not THAT Amelia and I'm...uh, say, do you smell smoke? Smells like insulation burning, or maybe clove cigarettes, well, see you around.

Hello, are you Darren? No? Hmm, yes, let me introduce Amelia, no not THAT Amelia, and I'm...oof, sorry buddy, I didn't see you down there...you ok?

Wow, what are you doing here? I didn't know you were in on this thing, fancy that, Amelia's here, yeah, she's right behind??? Amelia? A-me-li-a?
                          Where'd she? S'cuse me for a sec, yeah, good to see you too, Amelia???

Yeah? who? OH! REALLY!?! Well, I'm certainly glad to meet you, no, I know I was yelling your name but I'm here with someone named Amelia too, you may have seen her, tall, blonde, 30ish, in a, wait, there she goes, let me just fetch her, she'll be anxious to meet you, Amelia, where did you get...oh sorry man, uh, seen Darren?

Oh, hey babe, where'd you get off to? Who, oh, naw, don't know what he looks like. You'll never guess who I just ran into...What's that? Smoke alarm? Oh, see that idiot? He's smokng right under the alarm. Dunno, let's mingle a bit and see, where'd Amelia, no not you, the other one, get off to? What's in there? Kitchen? Hey everyone, anyone seen Darren?
                          "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

I'm still under the table. Someone just trod on my hand.

Comment

Aaaanyway, I wush - huzzat fit burd ovatheir? Nishe - anyway, I wush jus splainin that I knaa I wrote the passhhhidge: 'Shurprisssingly, only the wun 'Indip-p-p-p...Indipendent' tank was everr builded, er built'...an' then I writed two lines larer on: '[only twoooo were blit...built]'. I correckceted it already, din I? Yeah, I know it were too late for the prinn run, but it aroze kosova new bitta info wot I got juss recently...looook, fuggoff, righ'? Jawannafigh?

Yeah, I know I fuggot ter put D Morgan Jones biog in annall..

Righ! You assed ferrit!

Comment

Working...
                              X