Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Prototype X Sold Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prototype X Sold Out

PX1 is almost fully printed (it's a bit slow doing 1 page at a time for 160p!) and will be bound (God willing) by next Wednesday. I'll post it out as soon as I can - it'll only be going snail-mail so could be a couple of weeks for US correspondents!.
    The pilot print run is now fully allocated - ie, it's sold out! Sorry if you haven't got your order in, but the fifty copies I'm producing have cost me in total آ£2800 (work that out per copy) and I can't afford to print more on the Laser printer: even the 5430 cartridges drink ink on this project!!!
    So - good news, but sorry to those who won't get a copy of this print run...we will produce more if we can get some proper funding!

Haven't sent you any money yet. Does that mean I'm outta luck?

Originally posted by Perdix
    ...the fifty copies I'm producing have cost me in total آ£2800...
    8O Are there supposed to be two zeroes? Holy crap! That's almost five-grand in US funds. Again I say, holy crap!
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Has the US cover price been set? I'll advance the expected return for my lot.
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

'Fraid this one might be one-copy-only per person, Berry, due to demand! Sadly! I had to order an unexpected second cartridge batch (آ£415) just to print 50! Perhaps you'll be able to use it to 'demo' to potential outlets, but I was worried about this problem of trying to meet demand! I think you sent the order in, Kirk, so I've got one for you. Doubtless I'll get a load of flak for not printing enough, but this has, even with kind help from many folk, started to have serious effects on my finances! I'll just do my best to get as many copies out as I can...

Comment

Er...that extra cartridge charge means the total is about آ£3215, of course! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Perdix
            I think you sent the order in, Kirk, so I've got one for you.
            Bless you, Darren. You da man. I'll get the funds to you as soon as I can.

Comment

I honestly did not realize that rhymed until after I posted it. :roll:

Comment

As long as it hasn't 'sold out' artistically.
                \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey_C
                  Well, we have had to place a nudie screen-grab of Paris Hilton on every alternate page, but other than that we've been very careful to maintain the literary fibre of the publication. Oh, and due to a misunderstanding over a sponsorship deal, the magazine is now titled "McPrototype-X". But, other than that...
                  "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Wow! Can't believe I missed it! Thats a lot of money there. Hope there is a next run. Good luck with it!

Comment

Perdix, I'm happy to pick up a copy on the 2nd print run or print out my own from the electronic version you once mentioned, if that's still applicable.

Appologies that I'm behind on sending you the cash I initially promised. By the look of the total above it's time for me to get my ass in gear. :oops:

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                        Originally posted by Mikey_C
                        Well, we have had to place a nudie screen-grab of Paris Hilton on every alternate page, but other than that we've been very careful to maintain the literary fibre of the publication. Oh, and due to a misunderstanding over a sponsorship deal, the magazine is now titled "McPrototype-X". But, other than that...
                        I'm sincerely impressed that Perdix didn't give in when AOL/Time Warner tried to buy out Prototype X. Way to go, P!

Comment

Shit! I missed that!

Has anyone got T-W/ AOL's number?

Please?

Anyone?

Comment

Oh, then it was just me they approached. Got it.

Guess I shoulda sold them that one piece... you know the one...

Comment

I'm currently converting the entire mag to PDF and then I'll see if I can get I printed by my nice printshop peeps. When that will be, though, I can't say - needless to say, I would like to have produced the 250+ that would actually fulfil our 'order book', and I'm sorry if any contributors miss a copy of the pilot, but it had to be first-come, first-served!

Comment

Working...
                              X