Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Wo ist meine Bestellung?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wo ist meine Bestellung?

Perdix,

Are you going to verify the addresses and # of copies requested for all of the orders you received BEFORE you send the parcels?

Just curious. I suspect you are getting ready to send the thing to be bound very soon. It would be unfortunate if you bound the copies, posted them, only to discover they went to the wrong address.

LSN

Yeah, it would be a lot safer to send them ALL to me and I'll keep them all so they won't be lost!
    Google ergo sum

Comment

Excellent plan, L'Etranger!

Does that mean I need to visit Mأ¼nchen to pick up my copy? :?

LSN

Comment

Vous أ?tes toujours bienvenue, Ihre Bestellung hier abzuholen ...
        Google ergo sum

Comment

Je te remercie.

So it's settled: everyone that expects to receive a contributor's copy should descend on L'Etranger's home near Mأ¼nchen (preferably all of us at the same time).

I'm sure his wife and children will be thrilled! :lol:

(That should be reminiscent of a certain Monty Python episode.)

LSN

Comment

Originally posted by L_Stearns_Newburg
            Je te remercie.

So it's settled: everyone that expects to receive a contributor's copy should descend on L'Etranger's home near Mأ¼nchen (preferably all of us at the same time).

I'm sure his wife and children will be thrilled! :lol:

(That should be reminiscent of a certain Monty Python episode.)

LSN
            The Pythons are also coming, but I won't tell you under which screennames they participate in MWM ...!
            PERDIX, get that book printed and shipped, will ya now!
            Google ergo sum

Comment

Hang on, I'm just colouring in the pictures with felt-tip to give it a professional finish, takes ages.

I've got several verified addresses - if I suspect anyone's moved or had to disappear in the interim, I'll check.

Is the Mississippi State Penitentiary still the address most likely to reach you, LSN?

Comment

Originally posted by Perdix
                Hang on, I'm just colouring in the pictures with felt-tip to give it a professional finish, takes ages.

I've got several verified addresses - if I suspect anyone's moved or had to disappear in the interim, I'll check.

Is the Mississippi State Penitentiary still the address most likely to reach you, LSN?
                No, nej, nein, nyet, and en gأ©nأ©ral, pas de tout!

Don't you remember the bulletin you received after I had tunneled my way out with the help of a certain agأ© priest, called the abbأ© Faria? We used the same maneuver that allowed us to escape from the Chateau d'If.

At present, my address is care of the Albany et Saint James Hotel in Paris. Speak to the commis-de-salle and ask for "Armand." I'm operating the lift.

LSN

Comment

That's where you're hiding, Citizen Montecristo! But at least you get to see many lovely ladies at close quarters dans l'ascenseur.
                  Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
                    That's where you're hiding, Citizen Montecristo! But at least you get to see many lovely ladies at close quarters dans l'ascenseur.
                    Oui, tu as raison mon ami. The job DOES have certain perks.

As I'm wont to tell my wife, flirting IS our national sport.

LSN

Comment

Originally posted by Perdrix Perdu
                      I thought you were finger-painting the final illustrations with "all natural" materials collected during those cold nights on the Gobi.

I'm almost off to Austin and other, unmentionable, places in the American southeast, and I wanted to reassure the contributers I plan to visit that the book is nearly on the way, and that when we permit the # of subpartitions to increase without bound, the whole kit-and-kaboodle converges to unity....

Or some idiotic rationalization of that sort. :? Proof left as an exercise.

Originally posted by Perdrix Perdu
                      The "had to disappear" remark should play well with the strange fellow asking in Tanelorn about which of us was about to be released from prison, or had friends or family in the slammer. (Very odd thread. I won't comment on the politeness of the follow up.)

Perdix himself is, of course, Politenessman -- or at least that's his secret identity.

LSN

Comment

PERDIX, get that book printed and shipped, will ya now!
                        Thank you, L'Etranger, for continuing to exhort this editorial perdix fellow to greater industry and virtue. When last heard from, he was apparently sunning himself on the beach in Majorca.

I look forward to the Broschiert edition, although a gebundene Ausgabe Prototype X would also be something to reckon with, don't you think?

LSN

P.S. There is no truth to the claim that L'Etranger's true name is Louis, Marquis de Venosta. Really. Trust me.

Comment

LSN

P.S. There is no truth to the claim that L'Etranger's true name is Louis, Marquis de Venosta. Really. Trust me.
                          Right, and besides I'm tired of Zaza and Zouszou and all the other girlies from Hungary.
                          But you've whetted my appetite, dear friend, to get the old "Confessions" from the book shelf and have another try.
                          Google ergo sum

Comment

Right, and besides I'm tired of Zaza and Zouszou and all the other girlies from Hungary.
                            Tu n'en as assez de ces jolies femmes hongroises? Assurأ©ment pas ta femme!

(أ€ propos, si je me souviens bien, la fille qui s'appelle "Zouzou" أ©tait portugaise.)

But you've whetted my appetite, dear friend, to get the old "Confessions" from the book shelf and have another try.
                            I don't want to encourage anyone to read the book. Each to his own amusements.

I like the book throughout, but the last 3rd, written when Mann was nearly 80, is a delightful romp. The rest of the book has its charms for me. The fact that it describes a time and places that in a sense no longer exist gives it a sort of "period" feel -- but the period it describes interests me.

And the elaborate, somewhat old-fashioned diction is very much to my taste. Thinking of Mann's German makes me very reluctant to attempt to write anything in that language. I can give a weak imitation of it in English and French, but auf Deutsch, forget it. Maybe I should try pig-latin instead, that language being more suited to my natural abilities.

LSN

Comment

Tu n'en as assez de ces jolies femmes hongroises? Assurأ©ment pas ta femme!
                              That was, perhaps, Mr. Hyde in me saying this?

On a jamais "assez" d'elles!
                              Maybe Zouzou was indeed Portuguese, my hand inches closer to the bookshelf ... another four weeks before I board the holiday jet.
                              Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                              X