Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Prototype X Really Is Nearly Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prototype X Really Is Nearly Ready

Ta-da! Ok....
    If neither printer nor laptop cark it in the next week, and -
    if nothing dreadful happens, then -

PX1 should be off to the printers in the next ten days!!!!

The printers claim it will only take ONE DAY to print covers and bind it.

So we really are almost there. :D

That? Oh, that's just my knees knocking. Nevermind it, I'm fine.

Nervous? Nah. I'm just excited, that's all.

Are you overly warm?

No?

Just me then?

Damn! What's a guy gotta do to get a glass of water around here!!?
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Fantastic news! I am so looking forward to reading it, and gazing at all of the stunning artwork and layouts.

Isn't it exciting?

It's like watching the birth of one's literary child.

From a conclave...

Jeff

Comment

I take it the essay from a certain Mr. Steve O'S. finally arrived.

If it's going to take "within the next ten days," I assume your shed-slave / printer's drudge, Mr. Duncan W. Crosier, has escaped and that you're forced to print the copies by yourself.

"The lamps burning late into the night in his shed betoken exciting things for the future -- chiefly a breath-taking electric bill."

LSN

Comment

Any truth to the rumor that Perdix is operating Mustilid Press from the confines of the Molesey Boat Club? Or was it the Cricket Club?

Certainly not the Diogenes Club!

LSN

Comment

Actually, I don't think I've paid my Boat Club subs this year....too much time on the erg :?

Yes, the crittur Crosier escaped after detecting the pheromones of a passing actress Parisienne: I've put up notices with a reward.

Comment

If he's indeed running loose, likely interfering with the personal freedoms of the Dorset general populace, perhaps it's time to call the good people at Crosier Control?

LSN

Comment

Well, Darren, I hope the last-minute submission from Mr J is the final piece and that you can ship this thing to be bound very soon.

Unless you want me to try to talk Ballard and Disch and Bayley and Harrison and Aldiss into contributing? :lol:

LSN

Comment

Wow! Mr. J? Really?
                  "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

Michael Jackson! Wow!! I wonder if it's about his recent trial... or his money troubles? Or the story of his life from the point of view of a black fedora? Or some wicked cheats for his classic arcade game? Either way, it's a great scoop for us... :)
                    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Might it be Mr. Janus, looking both into the past of this dubious enterprise with its even more dubious collection of contributors, and into the future of Duncan's coming worldly success as an artist and general man about town...?

Maybe not.

LSN

Comment

Originally posted by Talisant
                        Wow! Mr. J? Really?
                        I loved him with the Sixers, but the ABA 'fro was the best!

No wait, that's Dr. J

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                          Michael Jackson! Wow!! I wonder if it's about his recent trial... or his money troubles? Or the story of his life from the point of view of a black fedora? Or some wicked cheats for his classic arcade game? Either way, it's a great scoop for us... :)
                          Hahaha! I had the exact same gag all lined up and ready to roll... and then I thought, nah it's that Jones fella ain't it? And then the moment kinda passed and I decided not to use it.

Still, nice to see that great minds think alike, Dee.

:lol:
                          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

You guys need to get out more.

Among engineering types, in such cases, I suggest they've spent too many quiet evenings at home with their C compiler.

LSN

Comment

Originally posted by Talisant
                              Wow! Mr. J? Really?
                              Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                              Michael Jackson! Wow!!
                              Originally posted by Doc
                              I loved him with the Sixers, but the ABA 'fro was the best!

No wait, that's Dr. J
                              As Harley Quinn will gladly inform you, "Mr. J" is the love of her life, the one and only Joker!
                              "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                              --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Working...
                              X