Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

My Fan-made CD Booklet for The New Worlds Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiskers
    replied
    Originally posted by demos99
    I hoped they wouldn't be wiped, but half-expected they might for copyright reasons (because I didn't have permission to get the images I used), so I was prepared for them to disappear into the ether.
    Fair use. IANAL

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    I couldn't think of a better place than the Reader Art album, so that's where they ended up. Sorry for the scare.

As far as copyrights go, Mike's always been pretty cool about stuff made for one's own personal use and not for any profit. Maybe the owners of some of the photos you used could say something, but I doubt they would.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
    Oh, not at all! Perish the thought! They have not been vaporized, I have simply moved them to the proper spot in the Image Gallery. Try looking in [broken link]this album. :D
    Aha! Thanks PWV. I did spend some time looking to see where else they might of gone, but it was late and I obviously didn't look hard enough. I hoped they wouldn't be wiped, but half-expected they might for copyright reasons (because I didn't have permission to get the images I used), so I was prepared for them to disappear into the ether.

Still, I'm glad they're still there, because I am quite pleased with the results. :)
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 04:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    Originally posted by demos99
    Just an update to say that the images seem to have been removed from the Image Gallery and the links in my original post no longer work, so if you didn't catch them before now, I'm afraid you may have missed your chance.
    Oh, not at all! Perish the thought! They have not been vaporized, I have simply moved them to the proper spot in the Image Gallery. Try looking in [broken link]this album. :D

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Just an update to say that the images seem to have been removed from the Image Gallery and the links in my original post no longer work, so if you didn't catch them before now, I'm afraid you may have missed your chance. ;)

Thanks to Perdix and Micky_C for the kind words. :)

Leave a comment:

• Mikey_C
    replied
    Pretty bloomin' good, I'd say! :D

Leave a comment:

• xidrep
    replied
    They're very good. Extremely pro - could do with you to do some work on PX! Completely different to the 'feel' of the contemporary album graphics, just the sort of treatment I would expect to work for a re-release (ie, it would appeal to the contemporary browsing publc as well as the cognoscenti) :D

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    started a topic My Fan-made CD Booklet for The New Worlds Fair

My Fan-made CD Booklet for The New Worlds Fair

I'm not much of a pencil 'n' paper artist but I do like to dabble with photo-manipulation a bit (witness my efforts in the recent logo contest on this very site). Having come across Mike's New Worlds Fair album (with the Deep Fix) here recently, I decided - as a piece of fun - to make up my own cover and booklet for a hypothetical CD.

My original version simply featured the lyrics against a blank background, but while there was a minimalist purity about that, it did look a little dull, so I went back to the drawing board and thought again.

What I've ended up with is a 12-page lyric booklet with one or more sets of lyrics per page (bar the front cover) and an image that (hopefully) strikes a chord with the song. In some cases I've put 2 songs to a page but still only used one image to represent the 'main' lyric. In the case of 'Ferris Wheel' there is no lyric (just the title, composer and duration) since the actual lyrics are hard to make out, and I thought it better to leave the lyrics out entirely than include them un-finished.

Most of the images were lifted straight from their source (albeit with the usual cropping/resizing), but some had the colour dropped out, one had a 'hand-painted' colour effect added, and the final page was a composite (by me) of two existing images to produce a rather striking result (I hope).

Because the booklet is not designed for commerical (or even private) use, I've reduced the images by 50% so I wouldn't recommend anyone trying to print them out, as the lyrics would be unreadable. ;) Each image has been uploaded to the Image Gallery - hope that's alright guys.

All images used in this project have been sourced from the Internet and their normal copyright applies (ie all use by me is wholly unauthorised) but as I say, this project was done purely for my own devices. The lyrics were sourced from DeepFixer's posts in the Rock and Roll board - thanks DF.

I'd love to hear what people think of them - did the images work for you? were they appropriate to the theme of the song? - so without further ado, let's go:

[broken link][broken link][broken link][broken link][broken link][broken link][broken link][broken link][broken link][broken link][broken link][broken link]

Links edited to point to the individual Gallery pages (where you can read my comments on each page) rather than the .jpgs.

Enjoy. :)

Cheers,
    David
Working...
X