Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

First Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Look

In a word, P-X looks great. The draft I have is a few notches away from the final magazine, but it is nearly there and I suppose my first impression upon seeing it was/is . . . this is unique! I havn't seen anything quite like it.

The writing is first rate and it is diverse--it does not give the impression of any homoginization of form or style suggestive of "industry standard."

It's literary AND it's cool.

The juztaposition of the stories, the art work, and the poems is interesting and suggestive. The parts are very good, and the sum of the parts adds up to something very good as well.

From the cover on, the colors are quite striking. The graphic images themseves are executed neatly and intelligently. They are really cool.

The writing is fresh: hot, cold, funky, crazy, sharp, vital, alive . . . intelligent, exciting, original. And sometimes a bit scary.

Overall impression after sitting with it for several days: it draws the reader in. Thought provoking. Mind adventure. The literature, the images, everything reflects this way and that delightfully.

We got a magazine....

Re: First Look

Originally posted by Carter Kaplan
    The parts are quite good, and the sum of the parts adds up to something quite good as well.
    do you mean quite as in american english "quite= .......er, forget it.

Comment

Lies! Lies! It's all lies!

[pause]

Oh, wait... he liked it? :D Hurrah!

Well, that's one satisfied pre-customer... and a glowing endorsement it is too. Bless you CK!
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I nominate Carter to write all "industry reviews" for PX!

Comment

Re: First Look

Originally posted by Carter Kaplan
          Overall impression after sitting with it for several days: it draws the reader in. Thought provoking. Mind adventure. The literature, the images, everything reflects this way and that delightfully.

We got a magazine....
          Yes, and we're already starting to think about issue #2, where we hope to go higher, farther, faster!

Nearly time to reconvene the "editorial board," also known as "The Committee for Public Literary Safety."

LSN

Comment

*catches the grindstone*

Comment

Sorry, Carter, I accidentally gave you an old copy of Nubile Fantasy Goatherder of Sweden... :?

Comment

Working...
              X