Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Prototype-X Website Live!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prototype-X Website Live!

PX website now live at:

www.prototypex.org.uk

Huzzah! All thanks to the genius wonder-girl Etive!

It's all going on this week, ain't it?!

Very nice work.

LSN

Comment

This stands the world on its ears! Caramba! What a marvel!

Congrats y' all!
      Google ergo sum

Comment

Ha! Very cool!

People would be wise to grab stuff from the site for posterity, as some of it ain't gonna be the same in the mag! The artwork I did for my story is a very early version and doesn't really look like that anymore... :?
        "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
        --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Should add that I was greatly relieved to see nothing of mine put up as a "sample."

Well done. Having a collection of cover images is something you ought to consider as they become available.

LSN

Comment

You know, Perdix told me I could put my cover design up on my website, but I haven't done it. I suck, I know.

Comment

Cheers then, thanks then, cheers!

Um "wonder-girl" does that mean I have to wear my underwear on the outside from now on? :?

Still lots of surprises to be had in the magazine, I can change the samples if anyone is uncomfortable with theirs being up.

Good idea about a gallery of cover images LSN.
              I look forward to seeing your design PVW.

Cheers again,

Lydia.

Comment

It's a peach Lydia.
                The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Originally posted by Etive
                  Ah, so Perdix has kept even you at least somewhat out of the loop, eh? My what a wiley individual is that MasterP...

Comment

Cheers then, thanks then, cheers!

Um "wonder-girl" does that mean I have to wear my underwear on the outside from now on? :?
                    Only if you wish to make a fashion statement. :lol:

Still lots of surprises to be had in the magazine, I can change the samples if anyone is uncomfortable with theirs being up.

Good idea about a gallery of cover images LSN.
                    I've seen it done on other magazine web sites. If the cover illustrations are good, they sell the magazine.

LSN

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
                      Ah, so Perdix has kept even you at least somewhat out of the loop, eh? My what a wiley individual is that MasterP...
                      What do you expect? He is, after all, the Napolأ©on of Art Crime.

LSN

Comment

Originally posted by L_Stearns_Newburg
                        I've seen it done on other magazine web sites. If the cover illustrations are good, they sell the magazine.
                        Okay, I'm feeling the pressure now... I guess I could go home and post the cover to my site. I'll see if I can remember to do that. unless Perdix pops in and tells me not to. Not all that fair since it's like 9pm where he is, but he already told me I could, so...

Comment

PWV,

It's probably more valuable to post the cover on the magazine site than on your own. You should be able to post it on your own site simply to show off your work, but the connection between the cover and the magazine is a bit tenuous in that scenario.

As for querying Magister Perdix, he and I share several curious traits, among them a penchant to compensate for retiring late by rising early. Send him e-mail and you'll probably get a response for the next few hours.

LSN

Comment

Shouldn't there be an accent on the '-eon'? :lol:

I bombarded poor Lydia with virtually half the entire mag, so there's potential to put up lots of different things - but we wouldn't want to 'preview' everything on e-world!

I met Carter K today at Heathrow and I showed him an early 'draft' loose-sheaf copy, which he has taken to show distributors in NY. So hardcopy is now in the US! It's not the final form, but it's nearly so. I will, of course, get the hottest hot copies off to you all as soon as they pop off the press - which won't be long at this rate!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
                              He's playing us all off against each other, leaving misdirection and sulphur in his wake...

Nice work Etive! I can't quite put the design of the site into words, but I like it. Modern but retro... retrodern? And once the mail-order section goes live, I'm sure we'll all be rolling in the green stuff... and I don't mean Kryptonite! Or maybe I do. No Clark, don't put the red ring on, you know how it affects you!!

Sorry. I'll go now.

Edit: Perdix, I sincerely hope you handed him the papers in a plain brown envelope whilst feeding the ducks. If not, shame on you!
                              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Working...
                              X