Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Joy of X - Prototype X Biographies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Joy of X - Prototype X Biographies

Hello children everywhere!

I've still got time to fill in some 'thumbnail biographies' of contributors to PX1 - with photographs/ portraits or without. Only 100 words or so, as fictional and humorous as you like! So if Dee, PWV, Berry, Etive, Kommando, Doc, Poetgrrl, L'Etranger, SteelTsar, Lord Doom, Carter, Dylan, Don, Pedro, Typhoid Mary, Marcus, Cedric, Stephanie, Carl Denham, James Fullerlove, etc would like a bio inserted, please mail one to me ASAP!

I'd make them up myself, but my Lawyer advises against it :lol:

Bio on the way ... if it isn't bounced again.
    Decided not to invent too much.
    Google ergo sum

Comment

I've submitted mine, but it's mostly auto-witter. Not fiction as such, but not really a biography either. I was tempted to just use it as a free "lonely hearts" ad, but didn't want to lower the tone of the publication. Also, there would have been no point listing "GSOH", because anyone who'd read my story would know I was lying. ;)
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

As for images supplied, do they need to be of a certain dimension?

I sent you an image that I suspect you'll have to shrink, if you use it.

LSN

Comment

Sh*t! Already got bounced! What a nuissance. Is it because you still have left-hand driving and feet and inches o'er there?

I'll try my other provider.
          Google ergo sum

Comment

If necessary, L'Etranger, I can always relay it, as we did before.

LSN

Comment

His inbox is already full?
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

For some reason, Perdix's Internet provider often rejects e-mail from L'Etranger's provider. We managed to get stuff through by various means before.

LSN

Comment

Originally posted by L_Stearns_Newburg
                  If necessary, L'Etranger, I can always relay it, as we did before.

LSN
                  Thanks, trأ¨s gentil. I've just tried my alternative provider, seems to have worked. L'E
                  Google ergo sum

Comment

It's Ok, L'Etranger! I got all those mails...twice! :lol: Thanks. And your pic should be fine, LSN; shrinking it down will enhance its resolutiony thing stuff. Got yours, too, Dee. I shall also print it in the Mustelid Press Contact Mag, 'Chopper's Day Off'. :roll:

Comment

I just sent mine off, Perdix. Let me know if it's suitable or not.

As always, I got long winded and had to cut it back to just a tad under 100 words.

Best,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
                        Is it because you still have left-hand driving and feet and inches o'er there?
                        The problem is that you're tipping the carrier pigeon with Euros, when you should be slipping him the Queen's shilling... actually, I think that's a euphemism... I'll get my coat. :oops:
                        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I've liked the bios Harlan Ellison has appended to several of his books over the last 15-20 years. They're incredibly silly-funny. (The one on The Essential Ellison is a classic.)

If you've never seen them, I'm pretty sure they're available as a group on Ellison's web site (set up and maintained by Rick Wyatt). It's www.harlanellison.com , I seem to recall.

LSN

Comment

Re: The Joy of X - Prototype X Biographies

Originally posted by Perdix
                            Hello children everywhere!

I've still got time to fill in some 'thumbnail biographies' of contributors to PX1 - with photographs/ portraits or without. Only 100 words or so, as fictional and humorous as you like! So if Dee, PWV, Berry, Etive, Kommando, Doc, Poetgrrl, L'Etranger, SteelTsar, Lord Doom, Carter, Dylan, Don, Pedro, Typhoid Mary, Marcus, Cedric, Stephanie, Carl Denham, James Fullerlove, etc would like a bio inserted, please mail one to me ASAP!

I'd make them up myself, but my Lawyer advises against it :lol:
                            Does this mean me? I'm not sure if im in PX or not lol.

Comment

'Implant', Pedro? Yes, that's in, illustrated and packaged and ready to roll! Sorry, I've lost track a bit of the connections between Multiverse avatar names and 'real' names!

Comment

Working...
                              X