Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

A Fourth Poem of Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Fourth Poem of Me

Hi, folks! :)

Here I am again!

This is another poem of me and it was a little more difficult to translate from Portuguese to English, but I hope you like it.
    Please, opinions will be very welcome.
    Oh, forgive me casual mistakes.

Multiversally thankful
    Rita Maria Felix da Silva.

JUANآ´S SUPPLICATION

By Rita Maria Felix da Silva

Passage of a lost Juan Miguel de Toledo’s song,
    the unfortunate minstrel

If it is possible to love in excess,
    without unmaking heart and soul,
    not attracting despair and weeping,
    do tell me, please!

If when one adjoins eyes and desire,
    on the object of the uncontained love,
    can more than the frustration and the torment,
    the treason and the wicked luck,
    for pity, answer to me!

If so it is possible,
    if so it happens,
    if you can show to me this prodigy,
    do not ignore my supplication !

Oh, heavenly and distant Powers,
    intricate and fleeting oracles,
    hallucinated and vague poets,
    dark and obscure wise men,
    do listen my song!

(This english version of this poem is dedicated to DeeCrowSeer)

Wow this poem is full of nice imagery. I especially liked the final verse. This poem really put a picture in my mind and that is one of the criteria of a great poem. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by HawkLord
      Wow this poem is full of nice imagery. I especially liked the final verse. This poem really put a picture in my mind and that is one of the criteria of a great poem. Well done!
      Oh, thanks, Hawklord! :)
      I confess I have hesitated a little before posting this poem here because it is very different of the other three previous, but It is very good to know you liked. Again thanks.
      The last verse of this poem is pretty essencial for it because it is the synthesis of this text.

Rita.

Comment

Presumably it was either the reference to "vague poets" or an "unfortunate minstrel" that made you think of me! :) But I'm flattered that I should warrant a dedication... especially on such a good poem. I'm in a bit of a cynical mood at the moment regarding "love in excess", but putting my own petulance aside, you've crafted another eloquent and heartfelt cry, which I'm sure many of us can relate to.

I can understand why you're also a big fan of Black Blade, which was actually my first taste of Mike's writing, and still gives me a chill every time I hear it.
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
          Presumably it was either the reference to "vague poets" or an "unfortunate minstrel" that made you think of me! :) But I'm flattered that I should warrant a dedication... especially on such a good poem. I'm in a bit of a cynical mood at the moment regarding "love in excess", but putting my own petulance aside, you've crafted another eloquent and heartfelt cry, which I'm sure many of us can relate to.

I can understand why you're also a big fan of Black Blade, which was actually my first taste of Mike's writing, and still gives me a chill every time I hear it.
          :) HI, Dee!

I am extremely glad because you have liked the dedication and my poem.
          You are a cool guy, Dee, and I like to dedicate my poem to someone. And you are a good choice.
          Oh, yes, I love "Black Blade" ( I am listening it just now). My favourite Bأ–C-Mikeآ´s song still is "Veteran...", but "Black Blade" is very, very excellent. I will be buying "Mirrors" and so I will can listen "The Great Sun Jester"... I know the its lyrics is wonderful.

So long.

Rita Maria Felix da Silva.
          State of Pernambuco, Brazil.

Comment

Working...
          X