Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Casa di Libri N°1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casa di Libri N°1

8O This is nothing short of amazing. An artist named Livio De Marchi has carved a house to look like it was made entirely from books. Even the furnishings are carved in this way. Be sure to click through to the website and check out the other pictures!

http://www.liviodemarchi.com/casauk.htm
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

:D

The chimney is a nice touch!
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

My better half's nightmare! :lol:
      \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

How many stories has it got? :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Perdix
          How many stories has it got? :roll:
          :lol:

Bless you Master P. In my drowsy state it took a few seconds for that one to register, but it was worth it.

Comment

Did you guys notice that EVERYTHING was carved from wood, including the coats on the hangers and the dishes and the comfy chairs?

And I agree with Dee: that was a good pun, Perdix.
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Yes, it is a very impressive piece of work. I get bored just cutting up carrot sticks for lunch, so I dare not even imagine how much time and concentration went in to carving an entire house, complete with contents. The hidden kitchen units suggest that someone actually lives there though... or could do. I'm not sure I'd fancy it though.

Comment

8O 8O 8O 8O Oh my god - the bed, the bed!!!!!!!! I want the bed!!!!!! It's GORGEOUS!!!!!

My friend is a carpenter. I'm sure he'll willing to do a replica for the small fee of آ£500,000 :D

Comment

Can one book the place? :roll:
                  For a meeting, holiday etc ...
                  Google ergo sum

Comment

>Groan!<

Question is, has it got eaves, or leaves? :lol: Ok, I'll shut up now.

Comment

I like how a house made of books still has a bookshelf!

Comment

Most of the guy's art is of dubious taste IMO, but damn he has some incredible pieces...the bed, yeah. and the paper boat :D I love the paper boat
                        plus of course the amount of hard work involved is enough to inspire great respect 8O

Comment

Working...
                        X