Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Anonymous postcards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anonymous postcards

Don't ask me why, but I think this site will really click with some of the readers and participants of this forum:

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Damn you Berry, that's my evening gone!

I recently discovered (excuse the partial pun) a magazine called Found which publishes letters and notes that people have found in the street. It works along similar lines as the postcard site, generating the same conflict in me... on the one hand I'm comforted to know that I'm not the only one who feels the way I do (however that may be at a given time), and it's always good to realise that other people exist and are far too busy worrying about their own lives to care what socks you're weaing, etc. On the other hand, I worry that there are ironic student types reading those heartfelt little missives and chuckling into their beers. But such is the rich (and scary) tapestry of humanity...

Good link Mr S, but seriously... I'm hooked already... :(
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I plan to submit a postcard. Now there's your week gone. I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :-)
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

I found (dammit) your magzine of found lost things. Well, I found a link. http://www.foundmagazine.com/

Comment

Much though I admire the courage of the postcard posters, and despite how often I over-share on this site, I'm not keen on submitting a postcard myself. I know I'd just want to show off artistically, and not share anything genuinely cathartic... and the fact that I'm an ego-maniac, really isn't that much of a "secret"! :)

Thanks for the Found link though. I kept meaning to dig out my copy and track down the website, but there it is! In a way, as someone suggests on the postcard site, it's a little weird that people should make money from a total stranger's emotional outpourings, but it is a valuable service to the people who read them and feel better about themselves. Also, in case anyone is checking this site from behind bars, the last issue of Found was very proud to report that they sent free copies of the magazine to prisoners who asked for them, which is fair enough.
          "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I'd probably have to send several postcards...

Comment

it's quite an amazing site. you're right, i could spend so much time there! only read perhaps 2 dozen postcards. but .... there's something that each of us can identify with, i think.

Comment

Working...
              X