Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

A third Poem of Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A third Poem of Me

Hi, Free People of Multiverse,

Firstly I want to thank for your very good welcome for my poems "Song for Cassimir" and "Netz-Otpec".
    This have made me courageous to show another poem of me.
    I hope you like it. Your opinions will be very welcome.
    I have written in Portuguese originally and it was a little hard to translate to English. For this reason, forgive me eventual mistakes.

Rita Maria Felix da Silva.

Multiversally Thankful,

Pernambuco, Brazil.

PENTATRIANGLE

I dream of the dreams
    of ethereal worlds which dream
    their own dreams inside me.

I am fragment of hope
    dressed in flesh and humanity
    by heavenly and kind hands.

By metaphoric and contradictory winds
    my spirit is disputed firmly
    oscillating between choice and destiny.

My heart is unrefrainable furnace
    my mind is pondered land
    before both I bow equally.

I am an unfinished work
    plot remodeled the whole time
    so I ignore my end.

Poem: Rita Maria Felix da Silva.

Hey Rita, this is your best one yet! I love it! You have touched upon themes with universal appeal and one of them (iteration) is a theme that has continually fascinated me--how we are connected by scale to things we would otherwise be unaware of (as above, so below).

If you're interested, check out a few of my own poems under the thread entitled 'Poet's corner at the edge of time'...

Keep up the good work!! :)

Comment

I hope you don't mind a feedback from a newbie at this forum. I enjoyed that poem, especially the way each verse was a capsulized thought. And though you managed to capture that thought in one line each time, there is lots of room for fathoming the extent of meaning.

Comment

This is a lovely poem. I was captivated by it! This is truly very skilled writing. If this is the translation I can't imagine how good the original must be!

Comment

Very beautiful and actually philosophy.
          Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by Marc
            Hey Rita, this is your best one yet! I love it! You have touched upon themes with universal appeal and one of them (iteration) is a theme that has continually fascinated me--how we are connected by scale to things we would otherwise be unaware of (as above, so below).

If you're interested, check out a few of my own poems under the thread entitled 'Poet's corner at the edge of time'...

Keep up the good work!! :)

Thank you, Marc!
            Deep words. I have loved your comment.
            Oh, do be sure I am going to check your poems.

Comment

Originally posted by indeterminacy
              I hope you don't mind a feedback from a newbie at this forum. I enjoyed that poem, especially the way each verse was a capsulized thought. And though you managed to capture that thought in one line each time, there is lots of room for fathoming the extent of meaning.
              Indeterminacy,

(I have loved this nick!)

Of course I do not mind! For instance, recently I was a newbie in this forum too.
              Good comments. Thanks. Please, do comment my others poems in this forum. I would like this.
              (P.S. Try "An Ugly Poem of Me", de Alexa. It is very cool!)

Comment

Originally posted by HawkLord
                This is a lovely poem. I was captivated by it! This is truly very skilled writing. If this is the translation I can't imagine how good the original must be!
                Thansk, HawkLord! I am very flattered because my poem have caused this sensation for you.
                Among poems made for me, "Pentatriangle" is one of the my preferred.
                I have liked the english version of him but I guess my original version in portuguese is more beautiful.

Rita.

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
                  Very beautiful and actually philosophy.
                  Thanks, LEtranger!

Comment

Working...
                  X