Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

High Brow Art Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Brow Art Talk

Kutting edge? Advance Guard? What? Where?

Develop a vocabulary, identify traditions, speak the new vernacular, slurr the Prototype X slang....

Film: Fellini, Kubrick, Boorman, Antonionionionionionionnio...

Role Model: James Bond

Architecture: Koolhass, Liebskind, Calatrava, Piano....

Criticism: Jencks, Ecco, McLuhan and . . . ?

Design: Quintin Fiore the guy who helped McLuhan put together The Medium is the Message and War and Peace in the Global Village. He also did the graphics for The Making of Kubrick's 2001. And who else?

Prose models: Cure for Cancer, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, Typee, NEW WORLDS....

High Priest and Law Giver: Spike Milligan

Sharp rap at the door: What's next in comics/graphics/illustration? Will Prototype X be there? Is there another way to narrate that tale, boys and girls? Will Prototype X be there?

It will be if Dee gets his PC fixed... :lol:

How did you get those nice colours? I'm the Sheditor, and I can't get them?! I'm incompetent!

Waaah!

On the late, lamented Spike; after my last trip to Plymouth to check out ickle sharks, I was able to utilise some of his verse:

I must go down to the Sea again;
    To the lonely Sea and the Sky.
    I left my shoes and socks there;
    I wonder if they're dry?

Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Perdix
      Heh.
      Soulfully expressed, my dear fellow. Soulfully expressed....

I got the colors by selectively twidling the twidles. They are part of the control panel at the top, have you not got them?

Last night I was tossing and turning over James Bond (Oh! Hmm? Ahem!). Anyway, I am uncomfortable using a fictional character for a role model. If it's alright with the community, I should like to elect a new role model, Bob Fosse, if that's alright?

Comment

Nice smile, epic lapels..he's our man!

Comment

So should Prototype-speak be obtuse arty, sardonic hipster, or sexist cheese? The Bob Fosse reference threw me. Would his influence incorporate obscure Broadway dance terms into the new pool? Maybe Liza Minelli?

Too many role models to sort out.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
            Too many role models to sort out.
            Now you're gettin' it, kiddo. It's the only way to get anywhere in this town!

Meantime, baby, start with these:

http://www.centralhome.com/ballroomc...ance_terms.htm

http://www.glossarist.com/glossaries...ture/dance.asp

Call me. *blows a kiss* muuuuwah!

Comment

I know I'm a total git, but I'm sorry to say I've always flaming well loathed 'Dance' as an artform. I'm quite a physical sort, and I have a reasonably developed aesthetic sense...but humans boinging around just don't do it for me. I think it's because I've worked with animal movement and biomechanics - humans just look bloody ridiculous in comparison to dolphins, birds, cats...I know it's incredibly difficult, and I can see the interpretative cleverness relative to the inspiring sound; I even quite enjoy doing it - but as 'performance art', gor blimey , no. It's almost as bad as Cirque du bleedin' Soleil...really difficult, huge dedication, yet utterly cruddy result.

Mind you, Russian dancing's a scream...(ow, me knees!)...

Soz.

Comment

Muticoloured!

Just use the "Font color" drop-down, Perdix.

Gr.,
                Ant

Comment

Oh!
                  Yeah!
                  Cool!
                  Igetit
                  nowI think...

Comment

Working...
                  X