Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Prototype X Non-Fiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prototype X Non-Fiction

The fiction deadline expires in a few days...but I would still like a few more 'factual' articles, guys!!!!! Two weeks extension for non-fiction! ANY SUBJECT, really - you know what the flavour is now, so I'll trust your excellent judgements....

Thanks for listening :D

If anyone's looking for a nudge in the right direction, I think an essay on the rise in popularity of "rent boys" in contemporary fiction would go down rather well. :)
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

i might have a couple of factual prose things, kind of like a opinion-editorial pieces.

not quite sure what you're looking for? please expand on that, Perdix?

Comment

Well, non-fiction so far includes a piece about the Shenandoah airship crash; an appraisal of the radical design features of the Citroen DS series; a brief overview of the biology of Architeuthis; A history of the 'Black Dog' legends; fossil Azhdarchid pterosaurs....so fairly wide-ranging. I would like some well-informed pieces on visual arts, music, cinema; or historical or archaeological articles; pure mathematical 'overviews'; design critiques, architecture; book reviews or literary appraisals; general commentaries on culture; ancient religions...anything that is likely to be of interest to ridiculously intelligent, well-informed and yet open-minded folk like us! :lol: Basically, 'intelligent' writing about virtually anything, although I'd like to feel PX is a bit remved from 'politics' in the accepted sense, as there is more than enough smarmy 'commentary' on political subjects in the newspapers...we're a bit more esoteric, though that's not to say pieces can't have a political content, just that I can read The Guardian if I want a rant frm a certain perspective. Where was I? Yeah, so the tone is more 'academic' than that, but that academia can include 'popular' subjects. Accessibly intellectual, that's the phrase. Or intellectual accessibility.

And humorous stuff is good too!

No football or celebrity crap, although if you want to interview someone and send in the transcript, that's very acceptable (I interviewed a 'tramp' once when I was in Bristol, who turned out to be the ex-Professor of Philosophy at the University...just went a bit off the rails. If I knew him now, I'd interview him again...so I'm interested in anyone with a story).

If you're uncertain or have an idea, mail me with a proposal!

Comment

What about film reviews written using the cut-up technique? :|

Comment

Possibly, TM. I'm more keen on reviews that analyse the context or historical significance of a film or genre, rather than a particular 'movie review', but 'cut-up' and Dadaist style appeals, so it's a maybe! :D

Dee's rent-boy article has some mileage, I feel. No, I mean, I don't feel like that...I...er...oh dear.

Comment

eek. way out of my territory. okay, thanks for the details.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE ARTICLE ON ARCATEUTHIS!!! WITH EYES AS BIG AS DINNER PLATES!! 8)

Comment

Those were only examples, Poetgrrl! Anything you've got, send it to me...there are no specific limitations, they were just off-the-cuff possibilities. I know your style and it's the right sort of thing, so please don't hold back!

Now I've got to draw some giant squid... :?

Comment

I promise to contribute some non-fiction for the next issue, Darren. Probably on Ethiopia food.
                  Google ergo sum

Comment

Yup! Sounds good.

Comment

Working...
                    X