Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Prototype X: Help Us Build Gleaming Distribution Networks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top work, Mr S! That is excellent. Should be ready early June!

Comment

Is payment via Paypal?

We need to figure shipping, too. I'm also down for 5 copies.

LSN

Comment

I note that Perdix (or one of his minions) has updated the Prototype X web site.

Everyone should go take a look. http://prototypex.org.uk

I thought the mutating Xs was an amusing device. It happened a bit slowly, though.

LSN

Comment

Originally posted by L_Stearns_Newburg
          I thought the mutating Xs was an amusing device. It happened a bit slowly, though.
          990 X's disappearing at a rate of 99 X's per second?

Count them.

Mrs Minion

Comment

I want 5, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Etive

Count them.

Mrs Minion
              I really dig what you've done so far Etive.
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

moving product....

Tremendous work!

I had missed that post, Berry. Cool!

The Web site work is pure wonderful. Prototype X is definitely a class act. I can’t wait to see more.
                8)

Right, which reminds me: classes are over for the week. Off to the phone....

P.S. In my professional writing course, I conclude the term with a business or technical research project that the entire class collaborates on. This time around I’ve got my students working on the problems associated with new magazine start-up: production, distribution, and forming relationships with advertisers. For example, one question we will pursue is how does one list items at amazon.com? As the central focus of their project, the students are following the development of Prototype X. If anyone has suggestions about specific research that could or should be done, please share your ideas. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
                  I really dig what you've done so far Etive.
                  Many thanks Berry!

The design is based on Perdix's own ideas and the X's are inspired by um... the 'Cross-stitch- Alphabet in' chapter of 'The Pictorial Guide to Modern Home Needlecraft' (circa 1930)

Cheers also Carter Kaplan!

Comment

Originally posted by Etive

Count them.

Mrs Minion
                    It didn't happen that fast on my system, which is running Netscape 7.0 and Flash 6.0. It was very much slower. I'll verify it with Firefox.

LSN

Comment

Re: moving product....

Originally posted by Carter Kaplan
                      As the central focus of their project, the students are following the development of Prototype X.
                      You mean... they're watching us... right now? 8O

I don't suppose any of them are French are they? If so, I might have to start combing my hair before logging on.

Sadly, due to the crapness of my browser set-up, I saw no Xs at all. I liked the rest of the page though! Very arresting.
                      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                        As the central focus of their project, the students are following the development of Prototype X.
                        You mean... they're watching us... right now? 8O
                        That's right, Dee. Say "Cheese." :lol:

Originally posted by DCS

I don't suppose any of them are French are they? If so, I might have to start combing my hair before logging on.
                        Perhaps they'll think you are chasing the Antonin Artaud look / image.

Originally posted by DCS
                        Sadly, due to the crapness of my browser set-up, I saw no Xs at all. I liked the rest of the page though! Very arresting.
                        Dee, if you have remaining artwork to be uploaded that your system dysfunction / malfunction is preventing, perhaps you need to take your illustrations (and perhaps your scanner) and visit someone on MWM with a decent system and Internet connection. I know you like to affect the image of "cosmic victim," but you've got friends here who can help. I'm a bit far for you to travel, but what about Perdix? Or Bob? Or steeltsar? Or any of several others.

If you're having difficulties, they may be solvable with a little planning and preparation. You've just got to ask.

LSN

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                          Bloody Hell Dee! Flash has been packaged with every major browser since about 1997! How have you managed to avoid it?

It doesn't take long to install (even on dialup) and you can get it here:

http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer

You could get Shockwave too while you're there ;) The girls love it

M-A_19

New technology evangelist/Plugin-Police
                          \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Comment

P.S. In my professional writing course, I conclude the term with a business or technical research project that the entire class collaborates on. This time around I’ve got my students working on the problems associated with new magazine start-up: production, distribution, and forming relationships with advertisers. For example, one question we will pursue is how does one list items at amazon.com? As the central focus of their project, the students are following the development of Prototype X. If anyone has suggestions about specific research that could or should be done, please share your ideas. Thanks!
                            So, if I said something naughty, right here, <expliteive deleted>, then your class would be forced to read it, and analyze it in part? W00t! Hi everyone! I'm being naughty! w00T w00T! Now I'm being irreverant. poot poot! Nixon! Get out of Viet Nam! Britney sucks!

But seriously. Don't take any wooden nickels.

Duran Duran rewls! Concrete Blond rawks!

INFORMATION WANTS TO BE FREE.
                            (to complete the other lesser known aspect of that quote)
                            INFORMATION WANTS TO BE EXPENSIVE.

Read the CATHEDRAL AND THE BAZAAR.

Don't believe everything you're told, and be wary of INSTITUTIONAL EDUCATION (you can trust Carter and Doc, I think, though and that leads us to the exceptions to the rewls.)

Chips are actually fries.

French fries aren't from France.

Germans like French Fries with MAYO.

Microsoft hates your freedom.

There's no need to hate something you can eat.

Together we all can EAT MICROSOFT.

*slurrrrrrrrrrp*

Yum. Uh oh. Labor won. Unemployment in the Pacific Northwest is brutal.

naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word

naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word

naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word

The seats on the train make my butt hurt.

I drink coffee when I miss my connecting bus.

Where have all the news stands gone?

Are there 2 or 3 question marks in this post?

Selling magazines is easy. Advertising is overrated. Advertising can increase the profit margin proportionally to the amount of stress dealing with customers. Sales people are the beloved Great Satans of business.

Working on comission sucks. Working at Mc Donald's sucks, but you get all the Coke you want to drink for free.

Coke will kill you.

I only did coke one time.

coke will kill you.

Israeli rifles in Los Angeles during the late 80's and early 90's were a form of currency among the gangs of San Pedro.

You live near a military installation.
                            Nuclear wast will get trucked past your elementary schools very soon.

Everthing on The Internet is a lie, but can be confirmed by witnesses who barely remember what they read.

This thread is officially off topic now.

Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype v
                            Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype

Buy Prototype
                            Buy Prototype

Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype

Buy Prototype
                            Buy Prototype
                            Buy Prototype Buy Prototype Buy Prototype

Buy Prototype

Makes a great mothers day gift.

PrototypeX tattoos don't hurt.
                            Beached whales start to stink after a few days.
                            Climbing up to the lighthouse was hard.

Digging hot asphalt out of the street with popcicle sticks is easy during the summers in LA.
                            Grapes do not become raisins within 24 hours in LA.
                            NAUGHTY WORD

"As you walk on by, won't you call my name."

la lalala lalala lalalalalala

NAUGHTY WORD

The first thing you do when trying to sell advertising is have an idea of what it is you are capable of advertising. It does not make sense to sell parts of the moon, until you can provide 6 kilos of moon cheese as proof.

...falling diving the ocean, the bay's water, rises at his face blacking out the night falling from the Narrows, diving to THE END, a giant octopus's tenticale reaches out of the water, nabs him, and pulls him under to tear him apart with its ancient beak...

INFORMATION WANTS TO BE FREE.

naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word
                            naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word

naughty word naughty word naughty word
                            naughty word naughty word

naughty word naughty word

naughty word
                            naughty word
                            naughty word
                            naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word naughty word v

THE PEOPLE WHO WILL LOOK at your resume don't know what the fuck they are looking at. It's up to you to tell them what to think about you.

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

The people who will hire you want to feel warm and fuzzy about you.

NEVER write your resume in crayon. IT JUST DOESn't work.
                            Microsoft will eat your resume.
                            I'm wearing a new orange shirt and veryone seems very impressed.
                            I'm sweating.

All of the above is the strategy for selling magazines.

Always go to the lighthouse. Observe the whales below. They don't care that you exist. Dead whales start stinking right away.

Lies lies lies lise lise lise liseilise lies l iesl ise liseliseliseliseliseliselilieselisleisleisliesliel sielsieliselsilsi

elsieslislislielselsielsi eliselseilislieslsislielsidasdff

lies

Don't believe what they tell you about your resume. IT IS SUBJECTIVE.
                            There are no spelling errors in this post. It's all lies. There are no grammatical errors in this post. Your resume will look good to a number of people. DON'T LISTEN TO HIM. Two years ago, I got 1 in 50 people interested in my resume. Last week I had 1 in 15.

Magazines are view in a subjet context. LIAR!

Whale that fly don't smell bad when they die.

Make up your own mind about your WHALES. LIAR!

naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty naghty vv

Germans like whales with MAYO. I should know. Norwegians live in whales, but not dead ones. HE TOLD ME THAT. I AM NOT A LIAR.

...He awoke inside the giant squid and pulled out his tuba and began to blow until the thing inflated and floated back to the top of the bridge...

tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba tuba -- that was no contradiction, you know, it was a octosquid -- tuba tuba

HA! Analyze that!
                            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

M-A_19,

You've got to understand that Dee's usual computer system is suffering through the throes of tertiary syphilis (all those X-rated web sites) and is thus malfunctioning to the point of being useless.

Consequently, he has been forced to login from the Difference Engine that his sister has apparently reconstructed from Babbage's original designs. Dee has a hard time finding compatible packages for the "other" DE. This is similar to the problems faced by Perdix at work when he surfs the net from the Differential Analyzer that his friend, Vannevar Bush, loaned him.

:lol:

LSN

Comment

We would like to thank Mr. Sizemore for that Transgressive Moment, brought to you under the offices of Moorcock's (Expletive Deleted) Miscellany.

We now return to our regular programming.

LSN

Comment

Working...
                                X