Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Prototype X: Help Us Build Gleaming Distribution Networks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daggadaggadaggadagga....Never flight straight and level for more than ten seconds in the combat area...how many times???!!!!

My autogyro instructor, Roger Savage, has certain Shaw-like traits....very effective instruction! But did you ever notice how Shaw's cottage in TBOB has a 1960's plastic doorbell? I did, 'cos I'm extremely sad and tragic.

Comment

Savage is a good name for an aviator, but the best has to be that of one of the Utterly Butterly wingwalkers to whom I chatted a while ago...Helen Tempest. No, it's real...I asked her.

I'm changing my name...Darren Valkyrie? D. R. Sea-Vixen? D Parnell Prawn? No...D R TSR2! That's it.

Comment

Tempting to lob in my 2 Euro cents here, very tempting. dagadagadaga Just one question: isn't der Englische Kultur by now more endangered by the American onslought since MacDonalds and Kelloggs munchmunch-crunchcrunch expanded across the Atlantic from, was it, the 70's on? Gesundheit!
        Google ergo sum

Comment

Whinnnnnnnnneesssswwwwooooooossssssssssssssssshhhh hhhhhhhhhh!

"Rabbit Two to Rabbit One! Rabbit Two to Rabbit One! Did you see that!"

"Rabbit One to Rabbit Two. Roger, that was the new Me262 jet fighter! And if I'm not mistaken, that was Uberleutenant von Letranger at the controls!"

"Von Letranger! Crikey, skipper! What do we do now!"

"Hang on lad. He might have two junkers jumos producing a combined 12,000 pounds of screaming high velocity exhaust, but we have that old autogyro training up our sleeves---

Whinnnnnnnnneeswwwwooooooossssssssssssssssssshhhhh hhhhhhhh!

"Wha! There he goes again, skipper!

"Control yourself Rabbit Two! Think autogyro!"

"Nine! Nine! Auchtung Anglanders! Zee vor ist over! Zee vor ist over! I am ere to warn you zat in 1947 a copy of Thus Spake Zarathustra vas smuggled out of Duetchland undt over to Amerika, und der munchmunch-crunchcrunch uftt der Ubermench ist now kumting from your oldt ally!"

"Bullocks! Let's get 'em, skipper!"

"Hello! Hold your fire, Rabbit Two! Something this jerry says makes a lot of sense!"

"Roger, Skipper. You think he's telling the truth? Oy, wos that!"

VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

"Angel One to Rabbit One! Angel One to Rabbit One! The calvary is here, boys! Where do you want my Thunderbolts!"

"Rabbit One to Angel One. Welcome to the tea party, chaps. Um, do you see those golden arches down there...."

dagadagadaga

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Kaplan

dagadagadaga
            Well, my enjoyment of "War picture libary" might have had no effect on my development, but I'm not sure everybody was quite so lucky ;)

I was going to post something about the fuel tank on the Me262, but I thought better of it, I'm sure Perdix knows what I was going to say ;)

I must assure our friends and fellow Europeans that it is no longer true that the British are obsessed with the War (Well, we are, just not that one)
            \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Comment

Originally posted by M-A_19
              Originally posted by Carter Kaplan

dagadagadaga

I must assure our friends and fellow Europeans that it is no longer true that the British are obsessed with the War (Well, we are, just not that one)
              Was about to ask who I have f*** to get out of this movie when your very convincing assurance appeared, M-A_19! Thanks.

Cordially (clicks heels)
              Ueber-what?-leutnant von L'Etranger

PS. Funny enough one of the top aces of the Luftwaffe (WW2) had a French name indeed:- Lt. Marseille who found his end in North Africa.

Oh, and kan I interpret ze ozer messitch above zat Kellogs started ze Kulturkampf in 1947?
              Google ergo sum

Comment

What was this thread about again?
                Google ergo sum

Comment

Cheers LEtranger for being such a gent. :)

And the thread: I 'm just out the door for the train to Manhattan bookstores and the Max Ernst show at the Met.... This thread has become my afternoon. And that is scary! 8)

Comment

Yeah, that's me above. OK, off to the choo choo.

Comment

Carter, you're a genius! And I am amazed at L'Etranger's ability to render stereotyped German English in English when he's German, for an English reader - when it's not in German! That's real polyglot patois! :lol:

I'm off to build my 1:48 Roland CII now...shit, no I'm not, I've got a magazine to print!

Dang!

Angels one-five, Blue Leader. Psszcht.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdlerian
                        Hey I'm off to Manhattan in about an hour maybe I will see you at the show!
                        You'll easily recognise him:- half girl, half boy in purple and light-blue. And making funny noises faintly reminding you of a Curtis Kittyhawk! [broken link]
                        Last edited by Rothgo; 04-24-2010, 05:19 AM.
                        Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by Perdix
                          Carter, you're a genius! And I am amazed at L'Etranger's ability to render stereotyped German English in English when he's German, for an English reader - when it's not in German! That's real polyglot patois! :lol:

Ze more komplikated it gets ze better Ich am. Jawohl!
                          Google ergo sum

Comment

Donnerwetter! Liebfraumilch!

Comment

Liebfraumilch? 8O

Comment

Black Tower.

Comment

Working...
                                X