Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

BBC World Service Short Story Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC World Service Short Story Competition

With all the talent out there - does anyone fancy taking a crack at this?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sp...mp/index.shtml
    \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Re: BBC World Service Short Story Competition

Originally posted by Mikey_C
    does anyone fancy taking a crack at this?
    Yeah :mrgreen:

Comment

Yeah too. Though the winner will probably be about an American lesbian with a Birmingham accent who reminisces about an old teapot in Prague. They like that sort of stuff, the Beeb.
      Come to think of it... :D

Comment

I wonder how it works - writing for the radio. There has to be special rules, right?
        I'll google for that when I have time :lol:

Comment

Do you get any money if you win? It doesn't say you do, but presumably the story is subject to normal rights and terms payments?

If you hold your mouse over the picture on the Introduction section, the caption appears 'woman with pen looking creative' :lol:
          'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

You guys should seriously take a crack at it. If I recall, these things have pretty tight length restrictions -- usually no more than around 2,000 - 2,200 words. That's because of the constraint that it must be read on the radio.

Good luck.

LSN

Comment

I don't believe there is any money involved, your "prize" would be to have your work read on world famous BBC Radio, nation speaking verse unto nation, etc. No cash, gas or grass to be gained. :(

The word limit is between 1800 to 2100 apparently. All entries must be original, unpublished/undistributed (not sure if that includes being pinned to trees Perdix!) and written in dull old English.

Of course, everyone's main priority should be to submit work to Prototype, because Master P guarantees fame, riches and glory. All the BBC have to offer is kudos and gravitas. Pah!
              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Working...
              X