Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Attention francophone writers - call for submissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention francophone writers - call for submissions

Perdix has expressed a desire for some work in French for Prototype 1. I, also, would like to see some work in this language, either in prose or verse.

We're depending on Colwin Lyber and mordenkainen to contribute something. They are at work on their submissions, to the best of our knowledge. Others are also welcome.

Translation of the work into English isn't necessary. If you want to do a rendering into English, I'm willing to lend a hand.

Send your work to Perdix with the subject line: Prototype 1: submission. If he has a hard time reading it, he has editorial backups for this sort of work.

LSN

Oui. J'ai besoin de ces histoires. Je les desire. Beaucoup. Merci bien.

Comment

That's about it. :D

Comment

From the point of view of a dim pencil-jockey, it might be nice to have some idea what's going on in the story for illustration purposes. Not a full translation, just enough to be able to create an image to compliment the text. S'il vous plait.
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Dee,

We can do that, don't worry. Don't put the onus of providing it on the writers, unless they WANT to do so.

I made a suggestion, for example, on what might be drawn as an illustration for L'Etranger's text in German. Since French is one of my primary languages, it's much easier still for those works.

LSN

Comment

Can anyone do a translation of my work, 'cos I can't understand a bloody word of it most of the time... :? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Perdix
              Can anyone do a translation of my work, 'cos I can't understand a bloody word of it most of the time... :? :D
              If you'll tell us the identity of the source language, perhaps something can be done.

Perdixian? Perdixese?

LSN

Comment

Originally posted by L_Stearns_Newburg
                If you'll tell us the identity of the source language, perhaps something can be done.

Perdixian? Perdixese?

LSN
                And is it the official language of Perdixania?

Maybe Perdix is establishing the language purity of his new independent nation. No stinking regular English allowed!

Comment

Some chap in London has set up his own country in his flat...but I'm not sure he's thought it through. There was a small village in Lincolnshire, I think, that did a similar thing a few years back - all a bit Passport to Pimlico - sadly, no-one even seemed to know the village was there, let alone ever visited it, so the change of sovereignty was unremarked.

Now, I'm thinking of annexing Hampton Court Palace as my official residence...my taxes must have paid for it by now, surely.

Now, how to get rid of all them bloody tourists? :roll:

Comment

Isn't Perdixania immediately adjacent to Ruritania?

LSN

Comment

More like the Lusitania...

(Note humour infused with tragic pathos)

Comment

More like the Lusitania...

(Note humour infused with tragic pathos)
                        Are you referring to your personal version of la condition humaine, in which case I hope your enterprise isn't torpedoed by the U-boat of circumstance. Very sad, that would be.

Or is that a veiled allusion to the oh-so-Victorian noble resignation of the central character in The Prisoner of Zenda ?

LSN

Comment

I have a LOT of work right now, which is why I'm not showing up here as often as I'd like to, but I'm not giving up on submitting something for the first issue.

Comment

So mordenkainen has checked in, and we can expect something from him. Feel free to send it to me, Perdix, if you need a first reader who can handle the language.

Now we just need something from Colwin Lyber.

LSN

Comment

Working...
                            X