Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric fan-art...*Winces*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elric fan-art...*Winces*

*Curls up*

..please don't be too cruel. :(
    This is my first Elric fanart...

....I 'll get better! Promise! :o

(It's the first link on the page.)

http://www.geocities.com/crimsontear...ms/Fanart.html

I like it - the anime style really lends itself to the character I think. Kind of why I still think that Elric would make a killer anime movie.

Though if universal are doing the movie - perhaps there'll be an 'intro' anime short for it - like Dark Fury for Chronicles of Riddick.
    Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Animأ© (if that is the correct term) never appealed to me as I find it cold and too "designer-like", as there's little if no margin for character or a personal touch. But this left aside, I will gladly praise you for your excellent work (within the style unloved by me). I am also pleased by the unusual way you fill out the entire page, which "window" on a supposed entirety you open. Bravo!
      L'Etranger
      Google ergo sum

Comment

Elysion_Gear, nice work! I really like the coloring of the eyes and look of melancholy on Elric's face.

Say, would you mind us hosting the image here at the MWM Image Gallery as well? That way, visitors who miss this thread might see it there. We'll include a link to your site, of course. :)

If you're interested, feel free to upload your pic here and I'll make sure it gets into the Reader Art section. It'll look good next to MWM member Faelauril's anime Elric & Stormbringer pic!

Originally posted by LEtranger
        ...I find [Animأ©] cold and too "designer-like", as there's little if no margin for character or a personal touch.
        I understand why you say that, L'E, as anime has been done to death lately and a lot of it is total crap, but let me assure you there are anime artists that have definitely nailed a personal style. I'm not huge into anime like my kids are, so I have no names to put forth, but with all the anime I am exposed to, I've seen some really good stuff.
        Last edited by Reinart der Fuchs; 04-21-2010, 11:42 AM.
        "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
        --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Nice. It may be Anime style, but the light touch and judicious colouring reminds me of some of the very moody covers of 1960's SF - including MM. I don't know what you'd call that - it's a kind of 'austere' approach that appeals to me more than some of the over-lurid contemporary stuff. D'janoworrimean? :roll: . I think this pic is very 'Elric' - captured the whole personality: menace and despair combined in one expression. Lovely.

Comment

Very good. I'd say - I particularly like the colouring. :)
            \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Well, I greatly enjoy the "manga" style... at its worst it can be very generic and lacking in the soul department, but I don't think that's an accusation anyone could level at your work. I was very impressed... so please don't get any "better", or I may have to call for you to be banned. ;)
              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Thank you very much for your kind words.
                It was painted with watercolors and acrilic paints on bristol bord.(Please excuse my spelling.)
                I was going to 'finish' the eyes by painting in white reflections. but I thought they would look better as deep red depths.

I'm still not to happy with it. (I'm my own worst critic.)
                Stormbringer looks strange to me, and it's still not big enough. I like huge swords. :lol:

I have two other fanarts in the works. (Corum, Elric w/Cymoril.)

[quote="PsychicWarVeteran"]Elysion_Gear, nice work! I really like the coloring of the eyes and look of melancholy on Elric's face.

Say, would you mind us hosting the image here at the MWM Image Gallery as well? That way, visitors who miss this thread might see it there. We'll include a link to your site, of course. :)
                [quote]

Ah.....

I will, once I've rescaned the pic again...

~ Elysion Gear.
                Last edited by Reinart der Fuchs; 04-21-2010, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Very cool stuff, Elysion. I spent a little while persusing the site. Nice work!
                  Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

The pics great! And the others rock too. Elric looks a little bit like Serenity from YU GI OH. The big sad eyes and hair. And like others ive seen. How cool! Wish i could draw that well. Theres definately nothing to cringe at.

Comment

Originally posted by yolanda
                      The pics great! And the others rock too. Elric looks a little bit like Serenity from YU GI OH. The big sad eyes and hair. And like others ive seen. How cool! Wish i could draw that well. Theres definately nothing to cringe at.
                      Hey, Yolanda! Aren't you going to submit something to Prototype 1? Prose, verse, or art?

LSN

Comment

8O wow....I love it! It's great! Elric and Anime rolled into one :) Great job! -thumbs up and huggles-

Comment

Whats Prototype 1 and how do i submit my work? Im an artist and auther, by the way. Wont be submiting writing though. cant write verse etc.

I would like to. I tried to get on Elfwood, but it was too much fuss to get registered.

Comment

All details about prototype X are to be found in the [broken link]Enclave at the end of time
                            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-13-2010, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I was thinking of selling both paintings of Elric and Corum.

...I don't know. What do you think? :| :?

Comment

Working...
                              X