Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

FLASHFICTION!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLASHFICTION!

I need flashfiction pieces for Prototype 1! Anything from one - 1,000 words, narrative efficiency and/ or descriptive ruthlessness! Please! See the similar posting on the 'Enclave at the End of Time' on Forum.

Thanks for listening... :lol:

Yo Perdix. Just repeating myself here. Would some Melanesian myths gathered by Yours Truly, the erstwhile ethnographer, be of any interest?

Comment

Suggestion, Sa-lul: send him e-mail. It's a bit late in the UK right now, of course, so he might not reply before tomorrow morning.

LSN

Comment

Thanks for that, LSN. Being new to the place I am still leery of barging in on people's inboxes. Will try it though.

Comment

Perdix is accepting his submissions via e-mail, so he should be used to it by now. :lol:

Put "prototype 1" in the subject line to get his attention, and set his expectations for what the e-mail is about.

He is pretty good about responding. It may take a day or 2.

LSN

Comment

Perdix opens nepenthe-heavy lids, swings his shivering body out of the palliase and gazes hazily out at the opalescent, roseate dawn of Old Albion. Gracefully drifting down into the kitchen, our hero cracks open the white monolith of the frigidaire, whacking himself in the head as he pulls too hard on the handle. Concussed, he drops the milk then pours an entire packet of Cheerios into his cafetiere. 'Bollocks' he whispers artistically as he struggles to avoid dripping buttery bagel all over his keyboard.
            Outside, feral parrots chitter and guffaw at the hapless neophyte editor...

Morning!

Yes, Sa-lul! I like the sound of Melanesian Myffs a lot! I shall mail you!

Comment

Ooh, yeah! I was hoping to hear from you, Adlerian. I'm still wearing wet underwear: I even bought three new sets from Marks & Spencer's Yesterday, on the grounds of their water-retentive properties. :D

That's not relevant to the current topic, of course. Ahem! :?

Comment

I know what you mean! Struggling with a small thing is terrible. :oops:

Comment

At least, that's what your erstwhile significant other used to say.

LSN

Comment

Ooh, she was right mental. More than me, even.

Comment

I had another ex like that, too :lol:

Comment

Working...
                      X