Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

elric short film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elric short film

mr. moorcock, i have long been a fan of your work, especially the elric saga. i am a 3d animator and have taken it upon myself to create a short film comprising one of elric's adventures in my spare (rare) time and purely for my own amusement/education.

it would mean a lot to me if you could view what i have completed so far and possibly suggest any changes or ideas for how it could fit appropriately into elric's saga.

i'm not doing this for money, just personal satisfaction. bear in mind also that it is very much a work in progress - i'm still working out the shot breakdowns before i really polish everything off. i'm also prepared to put in any copyrights or other credits that you would require.

i have a website where i've posted the clips, but would prefer not to divulge it in this public forum. if you could reply to this post with how/where you would like me to send you the website url (if you're interested) i'll do so promptly. i can send the info to howard morhaim if you'd like...

thank you for your time

Aw, g'wan, share it with the rest of us!

G'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, ...

(And you'll be after having a nice cup o' tay, while you're at it.)

Cheers,
    Ant

Comment

Re: elric short film

Originally posted by shintawe
      mr. moorcock, i have long been a fan of your work, especially the elric saga. i am a 3d animator and have taken it upon myself to create a short film comprising one of elric's adventures in my spare (rare) time and purely for my own amusement/education.

it would mean a lot to me if you could view what i have completed so far and possibly suggest any changes or ideas for how it could fit appropriately into elric's saga.

i'm not doing this for money, just personal satisfaction. bear in mind also that it is very much a work in progress - i'm still working out the shot breakdowns before i really polish everything off. i'm also prepared to put in any copyrights or other credits that you would require.

i have a website where i've posted the clips, but would prefer not to divulge it in this public forum. if you could reply to this post with how/where you would like me to send you the website url (if you're interested) i'll do so promptly. i can send the info to howard morhaim if you'd like...

thank you for your time
      Whats the software involved in creating this... It 'better' not be bryce.. :)

Comment

Or Poser 3D...
        Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

uh, no. it's maya. i might post some stills at some point to either assuage (or stoke) your fears...

poser and bryce. nice...

Comment

uh, no. it's maya. i might post some stills at some point to either assuage (or stoke) your fears...

poser and bryce. nice...
            I had to quit doing 3D.. Because it was taking too much time away from doing my music.. It's really fun though and i enjoyed it alot..

Comment

Sadly, Universal currently have rights on Elric and it's out of my power to grant them at the moment. I'm not sure who you would have to write to to get permission.

I'm sorry if my name and logo isn't turning up here. There seems to be a problem with logging in.

Comment

is that really necessary? i mean, i'm not planning to make money off of it...

if the previous post was from mr. moorcock, i'd still like you to see it even if it has to be shelved due to rights violations. it'd be good for a laugh anyway...

thanks

Comment

is that really necessary? i mean, i'm not planning to make money off of it...

if the previous post was from mr. moorcock, i'd still like you to see it even if it has to be shelved due to rights violations. it'd be good for a laugh anyway...

thanks
                  Don't you have any pics or a site we could view the Reel?

Comment

Seek and ye shall find...

http://www.shintawe.com/

WATCH ME

Comment

Re: Seek and ye shall find...

Originally posted by Finder-of-the-Obvious
                      Wow, shintawe, that's really good! I only watched "latest" but that was enough to see you have some serious talent. Nice work.

There are a couple places where Elric shows some great emotions (such as when he realizes how foolish he was to be spooked by a spider); absolutely fantastic work with the facial morphs. Very believable.

By the way, I'm the Image Gallery Editor here at MWM and I was wondering...
                      ...would you mind us posting your still Elric pix in the Image Gallery? Be a shame not to include your awesome work here! Let me know.
                      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

doh. yeah, i should've registered under a different name.

oh well, look while you can the site may be, uh, temporarily shut down...

let me know where you want the pics and i can upload them or send them or whatever...

btw, thanks to f-o-t-o for respecting my wishes to keep it private. :twisted:

Comment

oh, and thanks for the kind words psv. it's still a long way from done, but it's been fun...

Comment

let me know where you want the pics and i can upload them or send them or whatever...
                            Great! You can upload them here:

[broken link]

I'll make sure they get into the right folder from there. Thanks much, my man, and keep up the great work. A job at Pixar is right around the corner! I mean, if this guy can score a job there just by making a short 3D animation, so can you!
                            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 04:49 AM.
                            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Excellent! :D

That's a very impressive portfolio you've got there, Shintawe. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X