Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

CrowSeer Originals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrowSeer Originals...

I have now added an "Original Work" section to my gallery, featuring the frontispiece that appeared in the Travellin' Moorcock Book and a preview of illustrations which may appear in Perdix's Prototype. I've also uploaded my Bridget Jones cartoons... which still make me laugh, although they are deeply wrong. I expect to be sued any day now.

Thank you for your attention. :D
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Re: CrowSeer Originals...

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
    I have now added an "Original Work" section to my gallery, featuring the frontispiece that appeared in the Travellin' Moorcock Book and a preview of illustrations which may appear in Perdix's Prototype. I've also uploaded my Bridget Jones cartoons... which still make me laugh, although they are deeply wrong. I expect to be sued any day now.

Thank you for your attention. :D
    Where? Where? 8O

Comment

8O Crikey! I just tried to follow the link in my profile and it said:

"The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer."

Er... I'm not sure exactly what that means. Have I killed my own site?

Comment

Originally posted by Theocrat
        Where? Where?
        Here! Here! http://uk.geocities.com/deecrowseer/original.html

I've also uploaded my Bridget Jones cartoons... which still make me laugh, although they are deeply wrong.
        Bridget Jones's Dairy. 8O Guess Bridget'll get respect one way or an udder.
        "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
        --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Er... I'm not sure exactly what that means. Have I killed my own site?
          Naw, Geoshitties only allows so much bandwidth to be utilized per hour. Don't worry, your site will be up and running again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
            Bridget Jones's Dairy. 8O Guess Bridget'll get respect one way or an udder.
            Ho ho. :) I'm still stupidly proud of that one.

Don't worry, your site will be up and running again soon.
            :( I'll have to take your word for it. As soon as I saw the error message I worried that Hugh Grant might have had some objections.

Fun statistics...

The Brody Dalle page has now had 2899 hits and gets about 20 visitors a day!! Bless those Distillers fans. That page has had more hits than all of the other pages combined!!!

Comment

Sorry Dee, but could you send the latest version of the link to you work? I seem to have lost the hyperlink to your website and should like to get a look at some of the new stuff that you've mentioned is on it. For some reason, I can't seem to find an update. Excuse, excuse, I am a hopeless technophobe and invalid when it comes to these things.

Still wondering if anyone here has heard of Nemi...(come on you Scandinavian lot, pipe up!)

Comment

Originally posted by Theocrat
                Where? Where?
                Here! Here! http://uk.geocities.com/deecrowseer/original.html
                Here you go, Sa-lul!

Comment

Well, there might not have been any "updates" just yet... it depends when you were last there!

As for Nemi, I've found some images online and they're very good indeed... also, the artist responsible appears to be a cute goth, so I've very grateful for the recommendation! Not sure if I should try to compare my work to hers' because... well, hers' is better than mine! :(

So far all of the sites I've found are non-English, so I'm not sure what the comix are actually about, but the art is very good. Thanks again!

Without wishing to sound patronising, there should be a button at the bottom of every post marked "WWW", and this should link directly to my site. Sorry if you already knew that, and were just after a more direct link to the "original" work.

Edit: Ooh, I've found some English versions of the Nemi strip:

http://www.metro.co.uk/metro/standar...5&in_page_id=1

And this page features Nemi with a Chaos symbol on her chest, for extra Moorcockian relevance:

http://www.norway.org.uk/culture/misc/nemi.htm
                  Definitely my sort of woman. Sigh...

Comment

I was introduced to nemi by a norwegian friend some years ago. Didn't have much occasions to read it since then but I remember I loved the character and the humour. Following the links I must say, yeah, there's a likeness to Dee's work. Maybe you found your soul mate, Monsieur Crosier?

Comment

I'm not so sure that the nemi artwork is so much better than what you are already exhibiting, Dee. I mean, yes, there is obviously a certain quality to it...but the essentials are all there in your own work.

Glad you liked it. And yes, the Goth illustrator is quite something. Interestingly, it seems to be quite a hit in Norseland. Popular, I mean, rather than just cult stuff.
                      Soulmate indeed.

I'll get you the link for the English translations. The strip is about...well, about what you've already seen. Back soon.

Comment

You're a bloody genius. The BJ strips have given me an idea...segue to e-mail

Haha! Ahahaha! Ahahahahaaaaaa! (Evil laugh)

Comment

Originally posted by Sa-lul
                          I'm not so sure that the nemi artwork is so much better than what you are already exhibiting, Dee. I mean, yes, there is obviously a certain quality to it...but the essentials are all there in your own work.
                          Thank you. I have a great deal of respect for strip artists though. I've tried it in the past, but I get tired of drawing the same characters more than three or four times in a row... I couldn't keep that up, but there are some people out there who've been doing it for decades! I can only hang my unworthy head and curse my short-attention span.

Originally posted by Sa-lul
                          Glad you liked it. And yes, the Goth illustrator is quite something. Interestingly, it seems to be quite a hit in Norseland. Popular, I mean, rather than just cult stuff.
                          I'm a little surprised that it hasn't taken off in this country too. I know that there's a decent trade in t-shirts and bags with gothic cartoon designs, so I would have expected a cute character like Nemi to be everywhere... yet I hadn't heard of the strip until you brought it up. Obviously I will have to contact Lise Myhre and... er... blush at her. I'm sure that would help.

Comment

Ha! yeah. Contact Ms Myhre by all means. Who knows? maybe this was fated....

Incidentally, I've been given the website for the translated Nemi strips. Interestingly, my Norski friends inform me that Nemi is apparently NOT intended to be a Goth, or anything for that matter. Just a kind of dark-humourish kind of character. Although apparently her creator has had inclinations for neo-Medieval/neo-Romantic kinds of revivals. Here's the link, as given by Norski friend:

Here’s the Nemi-link. I’ve looked through a couple of their translations and unfortunately they are often not very good. The strips are translated by English speaking people who seem to have little knowledge of Norwegian.

http://nemi.thtn.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X