Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Cell Phone Text Messaging Blog Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell Phone Text Messaging Blog Project

Anyone interested in posting messages from their cellphones to a blog? I am considering a project where you can make posts with your cell phone to a blog. You would write text messages and send them via email. It would not be a part of this site and any topic would be cool. Anyone interested? I may or may not go forward with this project. I'm trying to gauge interest before I expend any time on this.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Yep! Sounds fun! I'm interested.

Comment

Very unhelpful reply:

I don't have a phone, and can't send text messages, but I think it's a great idea. If I had the technology then I would be very interested.

Sorry.
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I have a solution, Dee!

You write to me snail mail, telling me that you want to text something for the blog. Then I'll e-mail you back to say 'OK': Then you reply to my e-mail, tellling me what you want to log. Then I'll write it on some paper. Then I'll show it to my wife, who can text it to the blog on her mobile. Sorted!

Comment

include writing on the inside cover of a book you then post to the States where Berry could hold it up to a webcam for Zakt to read and call you reverse charges...

Comment

I just got a new phone from my lady for Christmas that does everything from take pictures to broadcast FM radio to surf the internet... I'm all over this text message blog thing, Berry. Oh yes.

The typos alone will be a blast.
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Does anyone know if you can send these short text messages across the Atlantic? Could you write me something if you had my cell phone number and could reply? I guess tecnically it should work, but do the networks exist?

B-t-w I normally hate these messages, because ever so often one message never reappears and people take for granted that you are "in the know" when you aren't.
              I only accept them from my elder daughter who saves costly voice message units this way.
              Google ergo sum

Comment

The idea I have in mind would allow you to post to the blog with anything that cansend email. I mentioned the cell phone text messaging so that those with cell phones would feel welcomed. You cell phone a message via email. You could use your usual email client.

The posting will not look as pretty, I imagine, as if you sat down at a web site and created them. But those stuck on busses with nothing to do, would have something to do for example. Now we know you diligent bus riders read too. Anyway, we'll conduct a test or two in a couple of days.
                The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Furthermore, this might evolve into a worldwide cell phone photo album too. I guess PWV will be our beta tester, if he wants to.

Comment

Ooh, well if we lowly-luddite, borderline-Amish e-mailers are allowed to contribute, then I'm all over this idea like salt on a bag of chips. :D

[Edit: Removed unintentionally insulting analogy... I blame the rum... and my inherent stupidity]
                    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Sounds very good to me. I'm in.
                      Just tell... will I be able to send the messages from my cell in Mexico?
                      Sweet moons!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexa
                        Sounds very good to me. I'm in.
                        Just tell... will I be able to send the messages from my cell in Mexico?
                        I would think so. But that's why this is an experiment. We will have to figure out if you can for sure and offer a solution to any obstacle we encounter.

Comment

Working...
                        X