Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Drawings of Elric and Arioch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawings of Elric and Arioch

I have serveral drawings of Elric and Arioch in my website's galleries.
    Although my Arioch drawings aren't 100% canon, since I never imagined his
    humanoid shape as golden-haired.*g*

You can find them here:
    www.my-ivorytower.de/Elricgal.htm (Elric)
    and here
    www.my-ivorytower.de/Ariochgal.htm (Arioch)

:D Ailanreanter

Pretty nice man !
    I specially enjoyed the arioch drawings which are not very common.
    keep up the good work !

alex

Comment

those are great pictures.

Arioch, though difficult to capture in human form, is well done as well.

Comment

Originally posted by weapon-zero
        Pretty nice man !
        I specially enjoyed the arioch drawings which are not very common.
        keep up the good work !

alex

those are great pictures.

Arioch, though difficult to capture in human form, is well done as well.
        Thanks! I think he's really fun to draw, so those won't be the last pics of him...

Comment

I love the 'soul of chaos' -very colourful, though for some reason I've always thought of Arioch as a blonde. :P But it's really the artist's perception of him that counts, so I should shut up.

Elric.... *sighs*

Comment

Originally posted by Forever The Stranger
            I love the 'soul of chaos' -very colourful, though for some reason I've always thought of Arioch as a blonde. :P But it's really the artist's perception of him that counts, so I should shut up.

Elric.... *sighs*
            Hee, yes, I know...but despite the fact he was even described as blonde, somehow the darkhaired image was pestering my brain.*g*
            Maybe I'll do one Arioch in blonde just to see how it looks like one day.

Happy you like them, though! :D

Comment

Thanks for the link to your art work. I really enjoyed looking at them, hopefully the first of many.
              Must say I was amused by the Trent Reznor/Arioch portrait and caption, being a Nine Inch Nails fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher
                Thanks for the link to your art work. I really enjoyed looking at them, hopefully the first of many.
                Must say I was amused by the Trent Reznor/Arioch portrait and caption, being a Nine Inch Nails fan!
                Thanks for telling me you liked them. Yes, there is surely more to come, I only need some time for it.

LOL!! Yes, the Trent/Arioch pic... at first I was pretty annoyed about it since I originally planned a drawing of Reznor, but then I started to like the 'failure' more and gave it some workover. ;)

Comment

Moorcock related art

I should drop a link in here. I illustrated a Stormbringer scenario for White Dwarf magazine many years ago. Also I have a photoshop bodge-up of Eastenders star Nigel Harmen (my choice for the movie) as Elric. You'll find all this and more at:
                  http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/tonyhough2000

Comment

Liked very much your version of Arioch... it reminds me of Anne Rice's Armand, except for the black hair.
                    Sweet moons!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexa
                      Liked very much your version of Arioch... it reminds me of Anne Rice's Armand, except for the black hair.
                      *g* Now that you mention it... But inspiration is impossible for I had long already read the Elric storyline long years before I ever got one Anne Rice novel into my paws.
                      Thanks for liking him, though.

Comment

honestly... it seems you made those characters.... a little "fruity"...they should be stronger, prouder, and less womanly... sorry

Comment

Any tips how to achieve this?
                          I do admit I've drawn more often the kinder side of them- because this is the greater challenge since it is shown less often in the books, but I don't think that they look "womanly".
                          Arioch might do so a little, for he was drawn on purpose a little on the androgynous side.
                          I will not draw them more "human" just because that would give me the opportunity to add squarish chins and muscles all over, though.
                          I drew them how I saw them and I am conscious that not everyone needs to share my views.

Comment

Working...
                          X