Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Stormbringer computer case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stormbringer computer case

First off, let me say sorry guys if I have posted this in the wrong section. I visit these forums from time to time but I usually don't have much time I'm afraid. I just thought you might find my computer case project interesting. I'm part of an odd group of people who customizes computer cases and I used my love of the Stormbringer books as the inspiration for this one. It is about a month away from completion and I thought I might share it with others who can appreciate the inspiration behind the theme. This is a link to the picture only section of the current work log on the project: [broken link]

The Stormbringer novels were some of the first fantasy books I ever picked up and I loved every page. They turned me onto a path of reading and enjoyment that I have treasured ever since. For that I would like to say a sincere thanks to Mr. Moorcock.
    Last edited by Rothgo; 07-31-2010, 06:16 AM.

This is an absolutely stunning tribute to the Elric series!
    Your work will not go unappreciated by the people here, I'm sure.
    When it's complete, get some really good photos taken and post them in the Reader Submissions section of the Image gallery!

Comment

Whoa....now that is a fan.

Any specs on the hardware your going to use? and well ever think of selling them?

Comment

Thanks guys. It's more a work of art and a tribute to the books to me than anything else. After two years of work, the loss of a thumbtip in a careless accident and numerous hours of labor I fully intend to use it as my personal PC:) I was able to generate some corporate sponsorships for it so I have some really nice hardware coming from Intel, Corsair and a few others. The end result will be a watercooled high end gaming system. I'll be sure and post some better pics in the image gallery when I get it painted. It's nice to just be able to share the project with others who loved the books as much as I did. After many exhausting attempts, I've learned that it is actually quite hard to explain the complex nature of the multiverse, the sword and Elrics relationship with it to someone who hasn't read any of the books :?

Comment

You are are remarkable person!
          Congrats.
          L'E
          Google ergo sum

Comment

Nice! Guess you're lucky it didn't take your soul when it got your thumb.. :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
              Nice! Guess you're lucky it didn't take your soul when it got your thumb.. :twisted:
              lol, thats a good one. Luckily it was a run of the mill woodshop router and not one of the rarer semi sentient soul stealing variety. They say you have to be missing a finger or two to be considered a good woodworker so I guess I'm still a few digits away from mastering the craft.

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
              A beautiful piece of work. Seems a pity you can't reproduce it for others who might be interested.
              Unfortunately there are so many complicated pieces that I doubt there would be an econimical way of duplicating it. It does mean a lot to me though that you like it :)

Comment

How fun! Nice work! :D

Comment

I think you've documented your work well enough that someone could replicated it close enough. I can't wait to see the finished piece. It's sure to add flavor to all those frags you'll be dealing out.
                  The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

This could well be the coolest PC around when it's finished. Maybe it will encourage manufacturers to take more note of this kind of stuff and get the input of artistic people at the design stages.

Comment

absolutely superb work 8)
                      Check out this Half Life2 mod http://members.home.nl/gis/

Comment

I got permission from Hobbes to post these photos:

[link expired]
                        The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

That is amazing. I admire your dedication to what is clearly, an enormous task. Kudos.

Comment

Working...
                          X