Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elric Picture

First post here.

I was re-reading Elric a few days ago, so I thought to draw him(it's a bit dark, you might have to turn up the brightness on your comp 8D ).

If you care to take a look, my gallery is http://raerae.deviantart.com/. I'm primarily a dark fantasy anime artist.

Well, if you're going to make an entrance, you may as well arrive carrying a gorgeous piece of artwork! Welcome to MWM. That is just astoundingly beautiful work.... such a cute nose too! If I had any influence over Mr M at all I'd be getting his people to call your people right now, but I don't sadly. I like your site too.... you certainly know how to draw a mean looking dragon. Deeply cute Halloween print too. I've no idea who the characters are meant to be (I'm not nearly as well-versed in anime/manga as I'd like to be), but you can't go far wrong with kitty ears. :D

Pretty soon I'm going to have to invent that machine to suck the talent out of people and feed it into my own hands... my envy demands it!!!

I'm sure we'd all be grateful to see some other characters if you find the time/inspiration.

Thanks for posting!
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I was thinking of doing an Arioch picture next. But first I have to finish some commissions and character designs, so it might be a while before you see it 8)

Oh, the characters in the Halloween picture are my own. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Faelauril
        I was thinking of doing an Arioch picture next. But first I have to finish some commissions and character designs, so it might be a while before you see it 8)
        Looking at your site, I've no doubt you'd do a fantastic Arioch... I wonder if he ever had kitty ears? If not, he should have done.

Originally posted by Faelauril
        Oh, the characters in the Halloween picture are my own. :D
        Well, now you're just showing off. :D

I look forward to seeing what you come up with next... The whole
        deviantart.com cluster seems like a rather good place to nose around in, so thanks for the link.
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Excellent stuff Faelauril. :)

Comment

Fantastic work, Faelauril! Really, really good stuff. I love how Elric is literally knee-deep in blood. Arioch must be very pleased!

I have taken the liberty of adding this image to our [broken link]IMAGE GALLERY. Look for it in the "Reader Submissions" section (I have made your image the highlighted image for that section for the time being; I also made sure to give you credit and a link back to your site).

If you do any other Moorcock-related artwork such as that Arioch pic you mentioned and wish to include it in the Image Gallery, you can add it as long as you are logged in. All logged-in members have the ability to add images to the gallery. 8) By the same token, if I've overstepped my bounds and you would like me to remove your image from the gallery, let me know and I will happy to do that for you.

Thanks for sharing your work with us, Faelauril!
            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:45 PM.
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Nah, that's cool. Thanks! 8)

Comment

Great work! I liked the 'knee-deep in blood' aspect of it, too. :)

DeviantArt does seem like a good artists' enclave. I've seen some really nice pieces there based on Storm Constantine's Wraeththu characters (typically slender, long-haired types...sound familiar? :)) but yours is the first Elric or MM-based piece I've noticed there in my infrequent wanderings....

Comment

Thanks.

DA is a nice site for all sorts of artists from web-designers to writers to traditional and digital artists. I've come across only one or two Elric pictures on a DA search, and one really nice one of Cornelius.

Comment

What an awesome pic!

Comment

Working...
                    X