Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Stormbringer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stormbringer

Ive been busy in my long absence from this wonderful site...

for YEARS i always wanted my own Stormbringer but just never had the money to pay to have someone make it for me... so i learned blacksmithing and made it myself (probably cost as much or more in classes LoL). i am pleased with its outcome and my Master says that if he had made it (he did help ) he would charge $2000-$2500 JUST for the sword based on the time, effort and energy he saw me put into it... not to mention the scabbard and how much it resembles the sword in other mediums (Brom/Whelan)... ENJOY!!!

http://www.multiverse.org/fora/album.php?albumid=197
    \"disease and depravation stalk the land like two, giant, stalking things\" Rowan Atkinson \"Blackadder\", BBC, PBS

by the way, before anyone asks... no, i have no immediate plans to sell it!
    \"disease and depravation stalk the land like two, giant, stalking things\" Rowan Atkinson \"Blackadder\", BBC, PBS

Comment

Oh...my! That is fantastic!! I'm so jealous! Excellent job!

Now *I* wanna learn to be a blacksmith.

Thanks SO much for sharing!

das

Comment

HaHa! Thank you das!

I had trepidations about starting blacksmithing even though I had been making armor and working with metals for 20 years... now 2 years in I wish I had started... um... 20 years ago lol! It is not all that difficult and VERY rewarding! Classes generally run between $250-$500 a class and basic tools and materials aren't all that expensive... yet

I just built my own water-cooled coal forge last month

Comment

Wow, very nice!!!
          "The world is such-and-such or so-and-so only because we tell ourselves that that is the way it is. If we stop telling ourselves that the world is so-and-so, the world will stop being so-and-so." - don Juan

Comment

Thanks Serp! I'm hoping I don't mess up the powder-coating by having to use thinner on it if I mess up painting the runes :)

Comment

Beautiful! Can't wait to see the runes on it!

Comment

Me either spaceranger! I'm planning to use the runes that Gould uses on the Berkeley covers. I finished Stormbringer early last year so obviously there's no rush... but I am hoping to get around to it in the next few days.

Comment

That sword really is the dogs bollocks Malkie!!

Amazing job,you can see the care that went into it.

Remember to only point it towards the darker souls now!

Nice.
                  "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

HaHAHa!! sooooo... lemme see if I got this straight... only the 'darker' souls hmmmm? so you are advocating genocide? I like you thingfish, you're ok in my book! LoL Thank you for your feedback!

Comment

As someone who makes (vastly inferior) swords (sometimes, not enough time or access to wroksop) can I just say that is a fine looking blade. Well done

Comment

well Nathaniel, I can't help you with the shop access (if you lived closer you would be welcome to use my shop LoL). I think you are selling yourself short... as we humble artists are often want to do. I too am a novice/amatuer, and remember I did state that my Master/Instructor helped and while I've only been making blades for 2 years I have been working with metal for 20...

I don't want to come off as arrogant or anything but have you ever done something that just came so easily to you that you felt like you missed your calling in life or wondered why you didn't start doing it earlier?

all I can say is keep practicing/making... until last month all I had to make blades with was an angle grinder and a Dremmel, when I wasn't attending open shop once a week. look around for a blacksmith who teaches... once you've taken a class or 2 teachers will usually give you access to their shop.

I will post another album later that has some of my other blades... including an unlicensed, full sized replica of the Executioner's Heart Shaped Axe from Disney's most recent version of Alice In Wonderland that I made last spring

Comment

a new album of my works

here's the link...

http://www.multiverse.org/fora/album.php?albumid=199

I hope you enjoy it!

Comment

I'm going to start tomorrow on "Blackrazor"... the sword in, and pictured on the back cover of the 1st Edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons module S2:White Plume Mountain by Lawrence Schick... if you know of which sword i speak you know that it was inspired by Mike/Elric/Stormbringer just from seeing it and at one time was one of the more powerful (unbalancing so) weapons in the game I'm going to use 3"-4" wide, 48" long, 1050 mild bar stock and gun blue the blade, i will use brass sheet for the guard and brass plate for the pommel... or i might get it all powder-coated separately then assemble... dunno yet and then hand paint the "night-time sky" (stars, suns, ...) onto the blade.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkie View Post
                              HaHAHa!! sooooo... lemme see if I got this straight... only the 'darker' souls hmmmm? so you are advocating genocide?
                              Hell yes!!
                              We've got to get some practice in before we move on to the Deicide!
                              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                              X