Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Denis Villeneuve Up to Direct Arthur C. Clarke's, Rendezvous With Rama...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pietro_Mercurios
    Pietro_Mercurios
    Only Slightly Unbalanced
    Pietro_Mercurios
    Only Slightly Unbalanced
    • Oct 2004

Denis Villeneuve Up to Direct Arthur C. Clarke's, Rendezvous With Rama...

Son just app'd me about this news from over on the Hollywood Reporter site:

Denis Villeneuve to Direct Rendezvous With Rama Sci-Fi ...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ie-1235062337/

One of my favourite Clarke novels. Also played the game, back in the day. This might be just the project for Villeneuve.

• Heresiologist
    Heresiologist
    Mothra Worshipper
    Heresiologist
    Mothra Worshipper
    • Jan 2012

NO!!!! Stick to Dune. This sounds like there's not going to be a Dune Messiah film. And if he's going to do Dune and Paul Atreides' story right, he needs to at least make Dune Messiah and God Emperor of Dune (because it's Leto who follows the Golden Path that Paul refused). No, I don't care that a 2 movie Dune adaptation suggests 4 or 5 movies for God Emperor.

Comment

• Pietro_Mercurios
      Pietro_Mercurios
      Only Slightly Unbalanced
      Pietro_Mercurios
      Only Slightly Unbalanced
      • Oct 2004

Having seen his, Arrival (2016), I'd really like to see what he makes of, Rama.

As to, Dune Messiah, etc. This is a post-
      Game of Thrones, World. I suspect the Dune sequels might do better as a streaming franchise.

Does that seem harsh?

SandWorm.gif

Comment

• Rothgo
        Rothgo
        Champion of the Unbalanced
        Rothgo
        Champion of the Unbalanced
        • Aug 2006

I heard something of a Sisters of... Spin off somewhere. Defers TV fodder.

Comment

• Rafael
          Rafael
          Wanderer of the Mittel March
          Rafael
          Wanderer of the Mittel March
          • Oct 2021

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
          Having seen his, Arrival (2016), I'd really like to see what he makes of, Rama.

As to, Dune Messiah, etc. This is a post-
          Game of Thrones, World. I suspect the Dune sequels might do better as a streaming franchise.

Does that seem harsh?

SandWorm.gif

I'm pretty sure this is the way things are going to go. I doubt the Dune series will be filmed in its entirety, but I can see them doing "God Emperor", and other follow-ups that don't require the original cast to come back via HBO Max. They would only need some in-setting lore that justifies the ghola (?) not looking quite exactly like the older actors, and they would have material for another decade of series-making, between what the original novels and the follow-up series by KJA and Brian Herbert already give them.

Comment

Working...
          X