Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

MOVIE Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pietro_Mercurios
    Only Slightly Unbalanced
    • Oct 2004

Searching through this Forum, came across a lot of sadly missed names from the past. 😥

Anyway, just a heads-up to let you know that Universal are apparently releasing a lot of their classic horror movies onto YouTube, free for a week, starting on the 15th. More over on the Nerdist site:

https://nerdist.com/article/the-clas...tube-for-free/

Or, go to the 'Universal Horror Hub,' over on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/c/FearTheHomeOfHorror/videos

Comment

• Pietro_Mercurios
      Only Slightly Unbalanced
      • Oct 2004

Last night I watched, Apollo 10 1/2: A Space Age Childhood, over on Netflix. Very loosely based on the childhood memories of the director, Richard Linklater. He's a stand-out director, who's produced some great original movies, like A Scanner Darkly (2006), Boyhood (2014) & the Before Trilogy. A nostalgic, dreamy, trip back to the summer of 1969 & the first moon landing.

Full disclosure, I'm only a few months older than Linklater, from the other side of the Atlantic, but I too remember sitting up all night, waiting for Man's first step on to the Lunar surface. I also fell asleep, just before the actual event, only to wake up in time for the re-run first thing the following morning. I distinctly remember using the roll-out hood from the collar of my anorak as the communications hood the astronauts wore at the time, angling chairs back against the couch alongside my younger brother simulating the Apollo capsule set-up in our imaginations. I guarantee, that I was alongside young Stan, on his trip to the Moon, along-sides thousands, if not millions of other dreamy young kids, with access to TVs (color & b&w), back in the day.

Comment

Working...
      X