Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What Games Are You Playing? (2022)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kymba334
    Eternal Champion
    • Jun 2011

What Games Are You Playing? (2022)

StarCraft 2

This is about the only RTS (real time strategy) game i still enjoy these days and right now i'm going through a replay of the entire campaign game of part one: Wings of Liberty on Hard mode.

Game designer/ Story writer Chris Metzen did an outstanding job on framing all the individual combat missions within an epic space opera tale (that began with StarCraft 1 way back in 1998)...imho, of course.

I will add that his literary influences would probably have included Isaac Azimov, Larry Niven, A.E van Vogt and (i might be drawing a long bow here) also very specifically Richard A. Lupoff's novella With The Bentfin Boomer Boys on Little Old New Alabama.

Overall the story is a kind of Game of Thrones in space - with a Southern U.S.A vibe!
    🙂 : https://youtu.be/agnbcNY7K0U
    Last edited by Kymba334; 03-17-2022, 08:07 PM.
    Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom
  • Pietro_Mercurios
    Only Slightly Unbalanced
    • Oct 2004

I watched that cutaway. Games have become incredibly sophisticated, these days. What kind of monster wrecks a jukebox, like that?

Comment

• Navigator
      Chaos Engineer
      • Jun 2010

Elden Ring!! I am not a huge Dark Souls fan. The games are way too hard for a casual gamer, but Elden Ring really opens up to exploration and finding crafty ways to defeat the op bosses. I started playing after watching my son play and seeing lots of what I perceive as Moorcock influence. I am really enjoying it.
      I('d) tell you all, we are young at the end of this cycle, and there may be no rest even when we are done.- Devin Townsend

Comment

• Pietro_Mercurios
        Only Slightly Unbalanced
        • Oct 2004

My son thinks Elden Ring is the greatest thing since sliced bread, at the moment!

Comment

Working...
        X