Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Lostlorn: The Curse of BloodStone Isle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J-Sun
    Priest of Nadsokor
    • Dec 2007

Lostlorn: The Curse of BloodStone Isle

So I was back for a bit, and then I've been gone for months, but it's for a good cause.
    I WROTE A ROLE-PLAYING GAME!!!

And yeah, I want to brag about it a bit, because there's so much Multiverse in it!!

A little over a year ago I hooked up with Mark Rein-Hagen, creator of Vampire: the Masquerade. And you know he's a huge Moorcock fan, because he named his company White Wolf and republished all the MM books. So he's on a nostalgia trip, and writing out his first campaign that he ran in high school. He invited me to be a writer, then his managing director, second in his company. Which I was, for 6 months, and that was amazing, but lots of work, so I stepped back to executive editor/lead writer.

Our first book is on kickstarter: bit.ly/lostlorn

*The Curse of BloodStone Isle.*

An island drifts thru the Multiverse. Pirates raided it, intending to use it to plunder the many worlds of the Multiverse, but they awoke pirates sleeping beneath the island. The PCs come to the island and get caught up between the various factions of the island. The ShadowVain cultists of Vampires, the StormTossed worshippers of the CroneCrow, the BlightTorn Pirates, the BleakStone scholars of a fallen city, and the FreeBoot settlers of the island shores.

Mark Rein-Hagen: "Jason, we need a guide to the island."

Me: "It drifts thru the Multiverse, right? It has to be Asquiol."

Mark: "Make it homage. Let's spell it Adzquille. But our friends in the Multiverse will know what we're talking about."

I'm telling you what, working for Mark Rein-Hagen is a blast because as a Moorcock fan, he gets it. The book is such an homage to Mike's inspiration. I'm super proud of it. It's technically a D&D 5E game, but rein-Hagen has never been much on systems, so it's not super critical. I'll probably run it using the new Against the DarkMaster (MERP 3.0) or Legend of the Five Rings as a system.

Anyway... gotta brag about writing a Multiverse RPG book with the White Wolf founder and creator of Vampire: the Masquerade, Mark Rein-Hagen.
    Check out the link (here it is again): bit.ly/lostlorn

Lifelong dream achieved!
    "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
    --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12
  • Rothgo
    Champion of the Unbalanced
    • Aug 2006

Absolutely fantastic news!

Comment

• Pietro_Mercurios
      Eternal Champion
      • Oct 2004

Indeed! Excellent news! 😀

Comment

• Kymba334
        Eternal Champion
        • Jun 2011

Most impressive J-Sun !🙂 - you very much remind me of an old Dungeon Master i once knew who would sometimes spend an entire year on the production of his next campaign; devising maps, adventure scenarios and a vast rogues gallery of NPC's to the awe of his little group ...many years ago.

Anyway, always a blast to have your good self back amongst us here!
        🤩
        Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

• Heresiologist
          Mothra Worshipper
          • Jan 2012

Amazing. It's probably just that I haven't been paying attention for the last decade or two, but it's nice to see Rein-Hagen active again. On the system front, Bloodstone Isle looks like a good match for more Sword & Sorcery oriented RPGs like Barbarians of Lemuria or the Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea.

Comment

Working...
          X