Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Timeless Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Timeless Children

Did anyone think that was good?

I don't know, I'm so out of touch with New Who that I dip in and out of it. Didn't watch much of Jodie Whitakers first season, I did watch this one.

I think with this story arc had a lot to do with addressing the 'oddness' of having a female doctor after 12/13 previous male incarnations. So having the doctor first appear as a young girl sort of makes sense.

It does tie into the classic series by making the Morbius doctors Canon.

The question for me is what do they do with this. When Matt Smith did the 50th anniversary special it was strongly implied that future seasons would address the doctor trying to find Gallifrey, but of course he quit a few months after it aired so it was never addressed.

I'm not a fan of Whitakers doctor - the whole talking to herself thing is extremely irritating.

​​​​​​​Then again the new Master isn't great either - constantly sweating and twitching, as though he's on a permanent speed rush.
    Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Working...
    X