Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Jericho - Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jericho - Good or Bad?

Last friday I watched the first episode of a new series called 'Jericho'. Skeet Ulrich's in it with a bunch of American actors I've not seen before. It's on the Hallmark channel - please don't think I make a habit of watching that particular channel! I caught a trailer for it somewhere else and decided to give it a look.

I'm not going to divulge any spoilers for it, jic, but it was strangely watchable. So much so, in fact, that I felt the urge to catch the second part earlier tonight. Has anyone else seen it? I'm assuming that it's already aired on US TV - I know I shouldn't make assumptions, so no comments there please! Are there any opinions out there that might prevent me from wanting to catch the rest of it?

You know I trust you guys' opinions in these matters!
    He's well smoked

I watch it here in Canada. While it's not ground-breaking, it's done quite well. The actors are pretty believable mostly and the story lines have been not too bad. New season is about to start over here I believe. I'll be watching it again. HTH

Ken
    Ken Boorman
    Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

Originally posted by KenBoorman
      New season is about to start over here I believe.
      Ken
      Oh dear, it's going to be a seasonal thing then? I wonder how many years it'll take to tell the story...
      I wish someone would make a series and then walk away from it, for once! The longer a series runs, the more time fillers get thrown in, as a rule imo. It kinda spoils the shock effect when you have to sit through different characters moments of angst and suffer all the flashbacks that have to be shown.

I started watching 'Lost' and saw the first 2 series, this 3rd series - now being aired on Sky 1 in the UK, has had a christmas interruption. It's due back in feb. sometime. Not sure if I can face it again!

Thanks for the info Ken! I'll probably watch a bit more to see if I get hooked, and then take from there. Sadly it's showing on friday evening, 8 til 9, and i fear the call of the pub might begin to outweigh the urge to follow the story
      He's well smoked

Comment

Originally posted by Kipper
        I wish someone would make a series and then walk away from it, for once!
        I don't think US networks know how to do that tbh. Honourable mention must go to Murder One, which was an excellent 23-part story, although even that went to a (less successful) second season, with different leads & several legal cases rather than one main one of Season One.

I suppose there's The Prisoner tv series as well.

Later this year, I'm waiting for the second (and final) series of Life on Mars. At eight episodes a season LoM will be about two-thirds the length of a standard US season, which seems more manageable. (There will apparently be a 'spin-off' series called Ashes to Ashes however, that will continue the story of some of the LoM characters.)
        Last edited by David Mosley; 01-20-2007, 10:22 AM.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
          Later this year, I'm waiting for the second series of Life on Mars. At eight episodes a season LoM will be about two-thirds the length of a standard US season, which seems more manageable. (There will apparently be a 'spin-off' series called Ashes to Ashes however, that will continue the story of some of the LoM characters.)
          I enjoyed that series as well - some very funny moments that I could immediately associate with. Very well done indeed. The soundtrack was great as well, but I would say that! 1973 was the year before I left school, I'd discovered that music could be found in other places than radio 1! Was it not also the year that HW released 'Silver Machine'? Lots of 'Glam Rock' around then as well! Wigwam Bam!
          My dad hated ToTP so I very rarely got to watch it, but he went to bed early so I could usually catch The Whistle Test - I probably should have thanked him for that before he popped off!
          Will I watch the second series? Probably, as the first was so good. I do wish that it had ended with number eight - it would have been more memorable for it, imo.
          He's well smoked

Comment

Originally posted by Kipper
            1973 was the year before I left school, I'd discovered that music could be found in other places than radio 1! Was it not also the year that HW released 'Silver Machine'?
            Silver Machine actually came out in 1972

Ken
            Ken Boorman
            Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

Originally posted by KenBoorman
              Silver Machine actually came out in 1972

Ken
              Whups! I sit corrected KB!
              Thanks for the correction My memory is as well smoked as my name implies....
              He's well smoked

Comment

Working...
              X