Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Heroes (TV) [merged x3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes (TV) [merged x3]

Monday nights on NBC? Here's link to the downloadable comic:
    http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/
    "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Hey Talisant! Missed this thread.

I am watching (and loving) it. I like the way they are unravelling the story slowly with a bit of mystery, and I'm relieved that the characters are not one-dimensional. The baddies seem extra bad, too.

I was hesitant to get involved with the show--too often shows like this don't catch on and are cancelled right as they are hitting their stride. However, I read that NBC was excited by its ratings, and gave it a full season order (after its initial order of 13), so there will be at least 22 episodes.

Comment

Hi Doc...went out of my way to avoid the first couple of episodes, but now grudgingly wait for Mondays, hope it pans out well, the comix link above is pretty interesting, side/back story in illustrations, downloadable.
      "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

Heroes the TV show

Does anyone here watch the show Heroes? It's on CTV in Canada and I'm not sure were it's on in America. I think it's on NBC, but I don't know for sure. I'd like to know what people think of it. Do you have any theories about how it's all going to turn out? Or how Hiro get's that katana of his?

Comment

Missed the first couple of episodes, I'm watching and waiting, and downloading the comics from http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/
          Last edited by Talisant; 11-21-2006, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Not that into the comics. I havn't even looked into them really. How good are they?

Comment

They're ok, they give backstory/sidestory of some of the heroes, you can also check out Hiro's blog.

Comment

Yeah, I know about the blog. It's pretty cool. I heard they hade it whipped though because he went back in time and possibly changed the future?

Comment

Yeah, looks like they wiped it, plausible deniability, no paper trail-no paradox, if a cheerleader falls in the forest on a defunct time stream...sorry, save the cheerleader, save the advertisers.

Comment

Just started watching this, and so far it has me hooked.
                    Particle Man, Particle Man Doing the things a particle can What's he like, it's not important Particle Man

Comment

Apparently Christopher (Doctor Who) Ecclescakes is going to be appearing in this series from January.
                      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

That's the ninth doctor right?

Comment

He was, yes.
                          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

just checking.

Comment

So did anyone catch the last episode?
                              So, we finally know who Sylar is. That's a bonus. But we have a bunch of new questions.

Number 1, Niki/Jessica Saunders. So Jessica is Niki's sister, that dosn't really explain how her superhero thing works. Is Jessica like Deadman and can poses other people's bodies? or is this Jessica what Niki has called this other personality. If Jessica can possess other people's bodies, then were does the superstrength come from? Is that Niki's power that Jessica controls because of some weird Multiple Personality Disorder. Does this mean Niki can activate her power without Jessica?
                              Number 2, The Haitian. You know, the creepy black guy who works for Mr. Bennet. What's the deal with this guy?
                              Number 3, Mr. Bennet. So Mohinder's father told him that Claire has superpowers, why didn't he tell her. And why does he seem to hang out with so many of them? (Eden and the Haitian)?
                              Last edited by The Mythanian; 11-28-2006, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X