Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Korgoth of Barbaria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korgoth of Barbaria

Curious to see what people think about this conan/s&s spoof:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korgoth

The pilot is available on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaQX-...elated&search=
    Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

I hope one of the free to air channels over here in Oz picks it up. Looks like a cartoon I wouldn't mind seeing.
    My signature is

Comment

Did you say Korgoth?

Okay, Korgoth is just about the best adult cartoon I have ever seen! It is hilarious!!! The ones who have not seen it, I bid you all to watch it... redbeard, you do not know what you are missing, this cartoon is by far the most humorous!! I have seen in only twice (Due to the ill fact that I continue to miss it) and locved it from the start... Watch it, believe me, you'll like it... Devilchicken, I am glad that you have posted this, for I was nearing to because I thought that hardly anyone watched it or knew of it!

I thank thee...

The Dark Mage
      They're all true... Especially the lies.

Comment

It was pretty funny - the writer's clearly know their stuff as the pilot has references to REH's "Tower of the Elephant" as well as the CAS short story "The Death Of Malygris" to name a couple of the obvious ones.

Also the animation is directed by Genndy Tartakovsky - who did Samurai Jack, which I quite like. Although as much as I do like it, I've a feeling Genndy probably played the Amiga/Atari ST game First Samurai as a teenager. The similarities in the premise are quite striking.
        Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Samurai Jack is one of my favourite cartoons. The only problem is that I only get to see an episode every now and then. The channel over her that has the rights uses it as a filler sometimes early in the morning between their usual crap.
          My signature is

Comment

Working...
          X