Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Remake of 'The Prisoner'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muroc
    replied
    Originally posted by David Mosley
    I've uploaded my photos of Portmeiron to the Hiya! thread in Fabulous Harbours: Welcome Centre.
    Thanks David - luv 'em. It must have felt a little strange wondering around 'The Village'. Can't wait to fly over and see it myself. Am thinking about visiting next year sometime and wouldn't mind actually staying in Portmeirion. I've been checking out accomodation here http://www.portmeirion-village.com/e...ges=26&sM_id=3
    Anyhow, thanks again

Leave a comment:

• devilchicken
    replied
    They would have to get some seriously clever writers for any new Prisoner venture to even be a patch on the original.

A mate of mine did his undergraduate dissertation on The Prisoner, amazing the amount of stuff there is out there on the show, not to mention the philosophical angles too.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    The rights to The Prisoner are held by Granada - "lock, stock and barrel" as someone on another forum put it. McGoonan actually owns nothing. I'm guessing that the film rights might have optioned by Universal from Granada, which could explain why there's a proposed film in the running as well as the tv series.

Leave a comment:

• devilchicken
    replied
    As I mention above, Universal Pictures are supposed to be making a Prisoner movie with Chris Nolan (which probably means Christian Bale will be No. 6 ), but Granada are also supposed to be doing a TV remake (possibly with Chris Eccleston, possibly not) called - possibly - Number Six.
    I wonder who owns the rights to the concept - I thought it was McGoohan. Wonder if he had a change of heart after all those years - apparently he didn't like the reaction he got from fans after the final episode.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    I've uploaded my photos of Portmeiron to the Hiya! thread in Fabulous Harbours: Welcome Centre.

Leave a comment:

• Talisant
    replied
    Pardon me chaps, mind if I play through?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Originally posted by Muroc
    ps... David - still waiting on those pix
    Quick note to say I found the photos and should be able to scan them tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Originally posted by devilchicken
    Is it supposed to be a TV series or a movie? I read somewhere that they were trying to get Christopher Nolan to do a movie?
    As I mention above, Universal Pictures are supposed to be making a Prisoner movie with Chris Nolan (which probably means Christian Bale will be No. 6 ), but Granada are also supposed to be doing a TV remake (possibly with Chris Eccleston, possibly not) called - possibly - Number Six.

Leave a comment:

• devilchicken
    replied
    Is it supposed to be a TV series or a movie? I read somewhere that they were trying to get Christopher Nolan to do a movie?

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Originally posted by johneffay
    Oh no! There goes my Doctor Who cred right out of the window. David will never take anything I write seriously ever again
    'Sokay. Here's a list of other actors who didn't quite play the Doctor:

William Heartnull
    Patrick Trouton
    John Pertwe
    Peter Davidson
    Poor
    McGann
    David Tenant

Leave a comment:

• Muroc
    replied

*It's Eccleston btw, not Ecclestone. Of course, true aficionados refer to him 'Chris Ecclescakes'.
    And there I was making issue of 'Port Merion' and made a mistake like that

Leave a comment:

• johneffay
    replied
    Btw, I'm nt entirely sure it's been confirmed that Chris Eccleston* is doing this rumoured Prisoner remake.
    The remake isn't a rumour, but I'm not sure whether he has been definitley confirmed yet:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4972194.stm

*It's Eccleston btw, not Ecclestone.
    Oh no! There goes my Doctor Who cred right out of the window. David will never take anything I write seriously ever again

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    I got the scanner back online last night after being out of action for a week, so as soon as I locate the photos I'll scan and upload them to the Hive.

Btw, I'm nt entirely sure it's been confirmed that Chris Eccleston* is doing this rumoured Prisoner remake. Last month it was said that Universal Pictures were about to sign a deal with Christopher (Batman Begins) Nolan to direct a Prisoner movie after he's finished filming Batman 2. The TV Prisoner show is supposed to be reccing in Australia(!) for locations, so it sounds like its still in development.

*It's Eccleston btw, not Ecclestone. Of course, true aficionados refer to him 'Chris Ecclescakes'.
    Last edited by David Mosley; 09-20-2006, 05:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Muroc
    replied
    ps... David - still waiting on those pix

Leave a comment:

• Muroc
    replied
    I third that noooooooooooooo.... The Prisoner should be left alone. It stands as a classic in it's own right. Although I have really enjoyed Christopher Ecclestone's previous works especially in '28 Days Later' and more recently, last season's Dr Who, I really think they should leave it be. Of course I could just as easily change my mind...
    Oh and I think it's one word "Portmeirion".- sorry don't know why I used that smillie...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X