Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Remake of 'The Prisoner'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muroc
    ps... David - still waiting on those pix
    Quick note to say I found the photos and should be able to scan them tomorrow.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Pardon me chaps, mind if I play through?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
      "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

I've uploaded my photos of Portmeiron to the Hiya! thread in Fabulous Harbours: Welcome Centre.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
          As I mention above, Universal Pictures are supposed to be making a Prisoner movie with Chris Nolan (which probably means Christian Bale will be No. 6 ), but Granada are also supposed to be doing a TV remake (possibly with Chris Eccleston, possibly not) called - possibly - Number Six.
          I wonder who owns the rights to the concept - I thought it was McGoohan. Wonder if he had a change of heart after all those years - apparently he didn't like the reaction he got from fans after the final episode.
          Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

The rights to The Prisoner are held by Granada - "lock, stock and barrel" as someone on another forum put it. McGoonan actually owns nothing. I'm guessing that the film rights might have optioned by Universal from Granada, which could explain why there's a proposed film in the running as well as the tv series.

Comment

They would have to get some seriously clever writers for any new Prisoner venture to even be a patch on the original.

A mate of mine did his undergraduate dissertation on The Prisoner, amazing the amount of stuff there is out there on the show, not to mention the philosophical angles too.
              Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
                I've uploaded my photos of Portmeiron to the Hiya! thread in Fabulous Harbours: Welcome Centre.
                Thanks David - luv 'em. It must have felt a little strange wondering around 'The Village'. Can't wait to fly over and see it myself. Am thinking about visiting next year sometime and wouldn't mind actually staying in Portmeirion. I've been checking out accomodation here http://www.portmeirion-village.com/e...ges=26&sM_id=3
                Anyhow, thanks again

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Working...
                X