Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What are you watching now - the tv series thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you watching now - the tv series thread

Black Books. The episode where they manage to knock back a آ£7000 bottle of miraculous wine that doesn't belong to them, while they're staying at a friend's after Manny calls in the health inspectors.

Followed by, Dogma (1999)

:D

Dr. Who - Pyramids of Mars :D

Comment

Before and after I check my e-mail, I shall be fast-forwarding through a tape of the Kiss FM Awards (Urban and Dance) from last night, and then watching a new series called Dubplate Drama starring a rapper named Shystie... whose album I bought, but couldn't get along with. It was a little too jarring and "gutter" for this old metal-head. Impressive mic skills... but can she act? Apparently the resolution to the cliffhanger of each episode is decided by the audience, via "text vote" on their mobile phones, which strikes me as an interesting idea... but not when the show goes out at one in the morning. Most people who are still awake at that time are busy drunkenly texting obscenities to their mates, in my experience.
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I quite like the HBO series, Rome.

I also like Lost.

Comment

Just finished working my way through the first series of [/b]Six Feet Under on DVD.

Comment

On TV: Smallville

On DVD: The only season of Misfits of Science
            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Originally posted by Bradi
              I quite like the HBO series, Rome.
              I hope that gets released on DVD as a whole, which I no doubt it will, I've missed most of it and I love Rome :D

Comment

Was watching CSI: Miami, should be watching Law & Order, but instead I'm trying to fix a screwy network problem at home. Grr. :x
                _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Cosmos w/Carl Sagan on the Discovery Science Channel
                  "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

Originally posted by demos99
                    Was watching CSI: Miami, should be watching Law & Order, but instead I'm trying to fix a screwy network problem at home. Grr. :x
                    Ugh. CSI is like a cheeseburger when you can have steak with L&O, to steal a allegory I think you used once :D

Comment

Last night I watched the final episode oa sitcom called Supernova. Sadly I'd only started watching it last week, and I think I really missed out. It's about an English astronomer who goes to work in an observatory in the Australian outback... so even on a very superficial level, it's a gorgeous looking show because they actually filmed on location. The humour was pretty innocent (unrequited crushes, slapstick with boomerangs, etc.), but mixed in with some really scary "science stuff" and existential musing. I'm not sure if the cast were using their astronomical jargon correctly, but I was impressed by how smoothly they all slipped from goofy jokes to hard science. It had a great cast, good writing, and some neat FX when they used their computers and telescope (lots of real scientists were probably tearing their hair out about how these scenes were represented, but I think it work wonderfully from a visual point of view). All in all, I'm very sorry I missed it.

Poop. :(

Edit: For anyone else interested in this show, I've discovered that the Australian site is so much better than the BBC one.

http://www.uktv.com.au/microsites/supernova/cast.asp

Hollie Andrew rules. :)

Comment

Channel 4 (UK) have just started showing Ed again, which I'm rather pleased about. It's a peculiar show where West Wing-esque wit and fast-talking is applied to a lawyer working in a small-town bowling alley and his friends. It's often very funny, when your ears are quick enough to pick up what everyone is saying, and the cast are pretty top-form when it comes to delivery and changing the tone of a scene on a dime (as it were). Also, I have a thing about winter, and seeing everyone wandering around New Jersey with big coats on and steam coming out of their mouths makes me feel very seasonal.

Today's episode featured a cameo by Michael Winslow (sp?) from the Police Academy movies, playing himself as a slightly washed-up actor who people keep begging to make funny noises ("Do the machine gun! C'mon!", "I don't do noises anymore."). Made me laugh, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Azariel
                          Originally posted by demos99
                          Ugh. CSI is like a cheeseburger when you can have steak with L&O, to steal a allegory I think you used once :D
                          Tonight is CSI night again... but don't worry, after I finish off a double helping of cheeseburger, I'll be having that L&O steak followed by a small helping of 'Death by Chocolate' (aka The Dead Zone) to wash it all down.

After that, I think I might need an Alka-Seltzer or two. :dead:
                          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Tonight Matthew, I have mostly been watching Rome.

Octavian rocks! :) [Even if he is an evil little bastard underneath it all]

Comment

Today, I have been mostly watching QI. I ended up with a backlog of episodes to watch from November after the madness of writing a novel.

Comment

Working...
                              X