Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

What TV are you watching now (2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Of Shadows
    replied
    Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
    Jack, have you heard Alexie Sayle’s Imaginary Sandwich Bar on the BBC Sounds app?

He hasn’t changed a bit.
    No, I will have to check that out. Other than The Young Ones and Alexei Sayle Stuff, I haven't really seen or heard anything else that he has done. Thanks PV!

Leave a comment:

• porcus_volans
    replied
    Jack, have you heard Alexie Sayle’s Imaginary Sandwich Bar on the BBC Sounds app?

He hasn’t changed a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Of Shadows
    replied
    Jerzy Bolovski is my hero!

"That's a Zapata moustache, ennit? He's Mexican, wasn't he, eh? Funny, really, you know, Zapata. He starts out as a peasant revolutionary, and ends up as a kind of moustache. Che Guevara, he's another one. South American revolutionary, ends up as a sort of boutique. Garibaldi, Italian revolutionary, ends up as a kind of biscuit. It's quite interesting, you know, the number of biscuits that are named after revolutionaries. You've got your Garibaldi, of course, you've got your Bourbons, then of course you've got your Peek Freens Trotsky Assortment.

[sings] "Revolutionary biscuits of Italy / Rise up out of your box! / You have nothing to lose but your wafers / Yum yum yum yum yum!"

Leave a comment:

• porcus_volans
    replied
    “No-one listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen album.”

Leave a comment:

• Jack Of Shadows
    replied
    "It's a video nasty!"

"It's a carpet, farty!"
    Last edited by Jack Of Shadows; 03-23-2020, 02:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• porcus_volans
    replied
    “It’s a toaster!”

Leave a comment:

• Heresiologist
    replied
    It's risotto.

Leave a comment:

• porcus_volans
    replied
    Jerzy Bolovski is my hero!

Leave a comment:

• Jack Of Shadows
    replied
    Woman In The Graveyard: "Do you dig graves?"

Neil: "Yeah, they're alright."

Leave a comment:

• porcus_volans
    replied
    Neil: “I don’t want to sound like a real heavy bread head, man, but 5p’s, like, 5p.”

Leave a comment:

• Jack Of Shadows
    replied

Rick: “Do you know Summer Holiday?”

Suggs: “You hum it, I’ll smash your face in.”

HAHAHA Classic!

Vyvian: "I thought you were dead."

Neil: "That's no reason to hassle me on the toilet!"

Leave a comment:

• porcus_volans
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack Of Shadows View Post
    A bunch of my favorite comedies that I've seen too many times over to count, but never get tired of watching...

The Young Ones
    Rick: “Do you know Summer Holiday?”

Suggs: “You hum it, I’ll smash your face in.”

Leave a comment:

• Jack Of Shadows
    replied
    A bunch of my favorite comedies that I've seen too many times over to count, but never get tired of watching...

The Young Ones
    Ripping Yarns
    Fawlty Towers
    Black Adder
    Monty Python's Flying Circus

Leave a comment:

• porcus_volans
    replied
    Just binge watched the first three episodes of American Gods. I loved the book, admittedly after abandoning in confusion the first attempt to read it, and am not normally a fan of fantasy novels on screen, largely because I prefer to use my own imagination. However, the TV version of American Gods is rather splendid.

The other worldly atmosphere is superbly realised by keeping “real life” characters out of the action, and Shadow Moon’s bemusement is nicely done. I’m about to get stuck into more episodes.

Leave a comment:

• lemec
    replied
    I watched most of the Electric Light Orchestra concert that is available on Showtime.

It's really good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X