Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

What TV are you watching now (2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EverKing View Post
    I too have been watching some Flying Circus as well as the Python documentary series "Monty Python's Almost the Truth." Very interesting to see behind the curtain, as it were, although much of what they share has already been known for years.
    That documentary sounds really interesting, I'll have to check it out. Michael Palin has kept extensive journals over the years and his series of published diaries give fascinating and humorous insight into Python and other projects that he has been involved with. It's all from his perspective of course, but they are really enjoyable to read.
    "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
    'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

For those of us in the UK there’s a series starting on BBC2 tonight at 8:30pm called Our Coast that explores coastlines along the Irish Sea. It’s starts in Liverpool and will almost certainly show Crosby beach and the Sir Anthony Gormley Another Place iron men. I grew up half a mile from that beach, played footy on it throughout my childhood and even swam in the River Mersey which, at the time, was the dirtiest river in Europe. I’ve even seen it with the surface on fire. Thankfully it’s all lovely and clean and full of fish nowadays.

Hopefully the programme will do Liverpool’s coastline justice.
      Let me tell you a story 'bout a poor boy....

Comment

Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
        For those of us in the UK there’s a series starting on BBC2 tonight at 8:30pm called Our Coast that explores coastlines along the Irish Sea. It’s starts in Liverpool and will almost certainly show Crosby beach and the Sir Anthony Gormley Another Place iron men. I grew up half a mile from that beach, played footy on it throughout my childhood and even swam in the River Mersey which, at the time, was the dirtiest river in Europe. I’ve even seen it with the surface on fire. Thankfully it’s all lovely and clean and full of fish nowadays.

Sounds like a really beautiful area and an interesting television series. Being here in the states I won't be able to see it, at least not right away. Perhaps it will turn up on YouTube or even on one of our PBS stations. PBS around here shows a very large amount of British television, but it takes a long time for them to acquire screening rights.

Comment

Well, being a Yank I can't say I know much about the coastlines of the Irish Sea except that off the beach near Harlech Wales, I believe in the sandy shallows of Bae Ceredingion, is an occasionally exposed Lockheed P-38F that ditched there in late '42 due to fuel starvation after the pilot failed to switch fuel tanks.
          "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
          --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

I have been watching some original Lost In Space.

Right now, I'm watching Cannon on MeTV. (on antenna, not internet or cable)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
            - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec View Post
              I have been watching some original Lost In Space.

Right now, I'm watching Cannon on MeTV. (on antenna, not internet or cable)
              Me and the Mrs. really enjoy MeTV, the old shows are very entertaining and great fun.

We have a ton of Alfred Hitchcock Presents on the DVR from that channel and watch and episode or 3 almost every night.

Comment

I watched most of the Electric Light Orchestra concert that is available on Showtime.

It's really good.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Just binge watched the first three episodes of American Gods. I loved the book, admittedly after abandoning in confusion the first attempt to read it, and am not normally a fan of fantasy novels on screen, largely because I prefer to use my own imagination. However, the TV version of American Gods is rather splendid.

The other worldly atmosphere is superbly realised by keeping “real life” characters out of the action, and Shadow Moon’s bemusement is nicely done. I’m about to get stuck into more episodes.

Comment

A bunch of my favorite comedies that I've seen too many times over to count, but never get tired of watching...

The Young Ones
                    Ripping Yarns
                    Fawlty Towers
                    Black Adder
                    Monty Python's Flying Circus

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Of Shadows View Post
                      A bunch of my favorite comedies that I've seen too many times over to count, but never get tired of watching...

The Young Ones
                      Rick: “Do you know Summer Holiday?”

Suggs: “You hum it, I’ll smash your face in.”

Comment

Rick: “Do you know Summer Holiday?”

Suggs: “You hum it, I’ll smash your face in.”

HAHAHA Classic!

Vyvian: "I thought you were dead."

Neil: "That's no reason to hassle me on the toilet!"

Comment

Neil: “I don’t want to sound like a real heavy bread head, man, but 5p’s, like, 5p.”

Comment

Woman In The Graveyard: "Do you dig graves?"

Neil: "Yeah, they're alright."

Comment

Jerzy Bolovski is my hero!

Comment

It's risotto.

Comment

Working...
                                X