Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Sapphire And Steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapphire And Steel

Today I bought first two episodes of S&S in DVD.
    Do anybody of you remember this serial tv from '80?
    I loved them since I saw S&S in our tv in 81 ( I was a boy then ) and I have ever found in this tv movies some ideas about Time and time traveling like "chrono flux" of the Multiverse.
    I'd like to know what do you think about
    Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

I remember watching this. Even at the time, I recall thinking it a strange premise to base a tv series on. Still watched every episode, though.

I don't remember very many details, but didn't they have a rather dramatic way of appearing?
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Yes Gov you remember right.
      Sapphire and Steel looks like humans but they are "someone" of supernatural sent on our earth to control temporal anomalies.
      Thier "chief" is a strange dark cloacked figure at the beginning of every episode but we don't know anything about these "alien" entities.
      Steel was roled by David McCallum and Joanna Lumley as Sapphire.
      May be Mike could remember this serial?
      Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

Big Finish, who produce Doctor Who audio adventure CDs with the 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th Doctors, also make a Sapphire & Steel range of audio CDs, although sadly not with the original cast of Lumley & McCallum. Instead the roles of S&S are played by Susannah Harker and David Warner.

Link

There are 6 CDs available of which the one above is the latest.

Trailer for The School
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Thanks David, I didn't know they exist...a good new
          Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

Didn't they name a few other 'agents' in the opening titles? And I'm sure that 'Lead' appeared along with someone else in one of the episodes.
            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Indeed...

All irregularities will be handled by the forces controlling each dimension. Transuranic, heavy elements may not be used where there is life. Medium atomic weights are available: Gold, Lead, Copper, Jet, Diamond, Radium, Sapphire, Silver and Steel. Sapphire and Steel have been assigned.
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

In the movies are also Lead ( first episode ) who give Steel the regards of Silver and Jet ( if I remember right ) and in the last episode may be there is just Silver, but I'm not sure
                Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

Thanks guys. I'd like to say it's all coming back to me but I'd be lying.

I do remember that intro, though, David. (Now that you mention it. )

Comment

Working...
                  X