Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

What are you watching on Netflix and general chat about Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, Picard is on Amazon Prime but it does fit here. I have seen the three episodes so far and it is the best Star Trek show since TNG. Star Trek Discovery was ok, it could have been much better if the writers were not so much worried about being PC IMO.

Picard has just the best character of the whole franchise played by the best actor in the franchise and what I loved about it ( besides the Romulans integrated with the Federation ) was that the plot spans over the series, unlike TNG where things are more formulaic. I loved Picard so much that it made me want to watch TNG, something I had been avoiding because I was afraid it had not aged well.

"From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
    "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Originally posted by zlogdan View Post
      Ok, Picard is on Amazon Prime but it does fit here. I have seen the three episodes so far and it is the best Star Trek show since TNG. Star Trek Discovery was ok, it could have been much better if the writers were not so much worried about being PC IMO.

Picard has just the best character of the whole franchise played by the best actor in the franchise and what I loved about it ( besides the Romulans integrated with the Federation ) was that the plot spans over the series, unlike TNG where things are more formulaic. I loved Picard so much that it made me want to watch TNG, something I had been avoiding because I was afraid it had not aged well.
      I'm looking forward to a new Picard this Thursday.

CBS Trek is ear shattering, but I try to balance the sound.

I am up to Season 5 on my TNG re-watch 2019-2020.

Inner Light and Time's Arrow will be coming up soon.

I think Netflix streams the TNG Blu-ray copies.

They are really something to watch.

It's good to see episodes that link to Star Trek: Picard, as well.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

The Inner Light makes me cry - so beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by lemec View Post

I'm looking forward to a new Picard this Thursday.

CBS Trek is ear shattering, but I try to balance the sound.

I am up to Season 5 on my TNG re-watch 2019-2020.

Inner Light and Time's Arrow will be coming up soon.

I think Netflix streams the TNG Blu-ray copies.

They are really something to watch.

It's good to see episodes that link to Star Trek: Picard, as well.
          A friend of mine who is a major trekker has lent me a DVD with the episode Inner Light, which has become a favorite of mine.
          "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
          "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Super-cool!

That's good to hear.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
            - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Watched episode 4 of Pickard yesterday followed by episodes 2 and 3 of Season 3 of STTNG.

Comment

I really now realize I have seen many of the 3rd season episodes of TNG, but I am watching them again. Spectacular show. Before, when I tried to watch ( in 2014 ) I was not so much impressed as I was when I saw many episodes friends taped of several seasons for me in the 90s. Today I am enjoying it a lot.

Comment

Not really Netflix but Amazon Prime: I recently watched the short documentary "The Eye of the Beholder: The Art of Dungeons & Dragons." Having been surrounded by that art in my younger days and a one-time avid Roleplayer I found it to be fascinating and well done. It follows the evolution of D&D Art in parallel with the evolution of TSR up to its absorption into Wizards of the Coast with just brief touches on the art from 3rd Edition on (Todd Lockwood, etc). The lion's share is about the early artists who started it all and then the growth to the "Four Horsemen" of TSR in the 80's: Clive Caldwell, Jeff Easley, Larry Elmore, and the late Keith Parkinson. It includes interviews with several of the 90's freelancers as well (Brom, DiTerlizzi, etc) and explores how D&D art has influenced pop Fantasy/Sci-Fi in general. For any fan of such art or any fan of D&D, I highly recommend it.
                  "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                  --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

I noticed The Eye of the Beholder: The Art of Dungeons & Dragons was around, and I do want to watch it sometime.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Just watched the third season of 'Ozark' on Netflix. The show is very solid and this season really knocked it out of the park (not sure what the international equivalent of that idiom would be...?) with several performances certainly worthy of award consideration.

Also on Netflix, I suppose at some point we must broach the horror show that is 'Tiger King.' Any takers?
                      "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                      --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Working...
                      X