Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

J. G. Ballard adaptation on BBC 2 this Saturday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J. G. Ballard adaptation on BBC 2 this Saturday...

Just thought y'all might be interested. It's on Saturday 15th January, 9pm on BBC 2. Here's the synopsis from the BBC site and a link to more info.

Home
    BBC FOUR on BBC TWO: Adapted from J G Ballard's story The Enormous Space, this drama starring Antony Sher reveals what happens to a man once he chooses to shut himself off from the outside world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/cinema/features/home.shtml

Did anyone else watch this? It was really rather good. Twistedly funny...

Comment

Yes. I haven't read the short story upon which it was based, but it contained some significant signs that JG Ballard was the original author. Although, there's a bit where Antony Sher is wearing a pair of striped pyjamas so evocative of the Nazi death camps, they added a slightly odd angle, but contained a grain of truth.

Weird, indeed. I'm still thinking about all the ramifications. Took me back to the days of one off experimental TV plays, in showcases like Armchair Theatre and also reminded me a lot of Samuel Beckett's work.

It's that neat balance between plausibility, internal logical consistency and out and out total darkest lunacy, all rounded off with an invitation to join in the fun...

Infinity in a suburban semi and fear in the attic. The unbearable lightness of being in suburbia.

With Jerry Springer The Opera last week, Is BBC2 sending out some kind of Saturday night SOS, at the moment?

Comment

Working...
      X